LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would hks filter+ funnel work? Technically they look very close to your cai... I have rom downloaded already, it'll be in your e-mail tomorrow evening :)

Having definitions, i could log anything they want, an then corrections can be made.

Would hks filter+ funnel work? Technically they look very close to your cai... I have rom downloaded already, it'll be in your e-mail tomorrow evening :)

Having definitions, i could log anything they want, an then corrections can be made.

Edit: The AFE/HKS produced a little more power than the HKS/AEM setup, and at 5250, it was making 7whp/wtq more. I don't have any data for AFE intake alone. This is a question for ECS.

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

With this new tune the car feels like a completely different machine.Unfortunatly I wont be able to drive it much longer because its going to the body shop in a couple of hours to fix the damage from december when i was rear ended. But when i get it back it will be like i picked up a new car :) I highly recomend if anyone with 3.6R even outbacks with a 3.6R with intake and exhaust. Pull your rom and send it to ECS for some stage 2 upgrades. Its worth it. 244awhp for me and added bonus of better gas mileage. eastcoastswappers.com You can also email your roms to me if you like giobotta@gmail.com.

What octane do you have to run in the car?

With this new tune the car feels like a completely different machine.Unfortunatly I wont be able to drive it much longer because its going to the body shop in a couple of hours to fix the damage from december when i was rear ended. But when i get it back it will be like i picked up a new car :) I highly recomend if anyone with 3.6R even outbacks with a 3.6R with intake and exhaust. Pull your rom and send it to ECS for some stage 2 upgrades. Its worth it. 244awhp for me and added bonus of better gas mileage. eastcoastswappers.com You can also email your roms to me if you like giobotta@gmail.com.

What octane do you have to run in the car?

He is running 93. I need to update first post to reflect this.

Perscitus, what octane are you using again?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

We only have 91 or 100 as the top 2 choices. At 91, I wont see italianlegacy's numbers.

He is running 93. I need to update first post to reflect this. Perscitus, what octane are you using again?
Also 93 (although I've run 91 and 89 without issue, when forced to upstate). At 87, with the tune, we'll get knock.

My latest mustang dyno plot looks almost identical to ItalianLegacies now! He's got more mid-range torque and no 2/2.5K RPM torque dip plus makes a more consitant power gain up top.

I'm happy to see the plots/slopes follow each other. Its a good sign that the 3.6R tunes are likely doing similar things across the various maps, or at least arriving at like-to-like output :)

At 93 octane for more power I'd more inclined towards just gaining additional drivability. Less throttle latency, better shift points, less restrictions, power would be nice but improved drivability I define as almost the same thing.

Damn I want the tune but don't want to run 93.

From my meager understanding of the rom, not all tables are changed across the board. There are other tables a tuner would change less to allow the variance which would give that kind of forgiveness. Of course there are limits but that is what knocking, pinging, and dead motors are for:lol:

Also 93 (although I've run 91 and 89 without issue, when forced to upstate). At 87, with the tune, we'll get knock.

My latest mustang dyno plot looks almost identical to ItalianLegacies now! He's got more mid-range torque and no 2/2.5K RPM torque dip plus makes a more consitant power gain up top.

I'm happy to see the plots/slopes follow each other. Its a good sign that the 3.6R tunes are likely doing similar things across the various maps, or at least arriving at like-to-like output :)

Post the plot please for reference.

Thanks!

Yep, a 89-octane map would be a nice compromise between the two.

We could have a bit more power/torque, but more importantly DBW tweaks, optimized fuel/ignition/cam timing maps, re-calibrated MAF (if needed, say with aFe Takeda or other intakes). Shift points might be tricky (TCM/TCU comes into play rather than pure ECU tuning).

93 is only required (as was the aFE intake) to provide enough knock protection and extra air to dial in slightly more aggressive settings that result in the whp/wtq numbers we're seeing. Its a compromise, yes, but with great drivability and a safe tune.

I do a lot of driving, averaging around 1.8K/mo (21.6K/yr). My avg mpg since my last oil change ~4K miles ago is at 20.1 according to my car's display (I have it adjusted so it's fairly accurate). That comes out to about 1075gal/yr. I did some sampling of gas prices in my area comparing premium (93) to regular (87) and the premium is usually around $.30 more than regular. So, if I switched to a 93 octane tune, it would only cost me about $322.50/yr or $.88/day to operate my car. That's not a lot.

Yep, nice point nstg8r. And if you a. drive less and b. bundle in some of the same-as-cash and 6-10c off/gallon if you buy 50-100 per month plans that the big brands provide on their credit cards - that difference becomes even less pronounced.

I've filled up with 93 for almost a year now since the first tune and haven't spent much more on gas vs the year prior (no tune - usually 89, sometimes 87).

The other side of the coin is that with a tune like ItalianLegacy has, the extra torque alone throughout the power band and the leaned out AFR should result in a MPG increase with normal driving. Racecar mode will probably dip into single digits but mixed and especially highway driving should net slightly better MPGs vs stock.

Again offsetting the cost of 91/93 a bit.

Okay, so all that being said, and even after reading all the FAQ's from RomRaider, I'd still rather have someone else pull the ROM image for me. When I have a better idea of what my February schedule will look like, I'll be giving ECS a call.

First page updated.

Perscitus and ItalianLegacy, please check to make sure I didn't put the wrong information when I listed your efforts.

Gentlemen,

I am glad to see that you guys are happy with the results we were able to achieve. I feel that with high flow cats, and a header (now if only someone would make them) we could completely eliminate the torque dip that seems to plague the 3.6R.

I found that it was achievable, however, not without the sacrifice of safety. It is for this reason that I feel if we could make this motor breath better with less back pressure, It could be done!

Some of you have asked how to contact ECS. Please visit eastcoastswappers.com for all pertinent contact info, or follow us on FB. www.facebook.com/ECSPerformance

Also, Since everyone is jumping aboard and wants to get their roms defined, please send them to paul AT eastcoastswappers DOT com and include the year and manufactured date of the car. (found in the door sill) I will then forward them onto Td_d and start a defined catalog of roms and definitions for the 3.6R owners and host them for download as well.

Thanks,

Paul

my rental :thumbdown: peppy little four banger but ive never driven front wheel drive and i hate the fighting with steering (damn thing wants to go straight all the time) Interior as far as buttons are nice and bah F this i want my R back! Got spoiled yesterday i dont wanna drive this American honda civic! ... so for your viewing pleasure...........

uploadfromtaptalk1391056303310.thumb.jpg.357be666b1e564313dde358fbe893724.jpg