LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

That's perfect Rob. We will likely be there mid-day or so (first have a PDR appointment at some Porsche dealership Manchester Subaru sent my brother too - he has an optional 'factory' or 'dealer prep' dent on top of the B pillar (documented on the lot @ pickup with 5 miles on the ODO) so the dealership is paying to remove it.

I will text you!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's perfect Rob. We will likely be there mid-day or so (first have a PDR appointment at some Porsche dealership Manchester Subaru sent my brother too - he has an optional 'factory' or 'dealer prep' dent on top of the B pillar (documented on the lot @ pickup with 5 miles on the ODO) so the dealership is paying to remove it.

I will text you!

Cool. In the meanwhile, I guess where not doing anything before then?

Yeah, sadly... because the backlog is huge!

I've got two back-to-back sailboat races this weekend (all day Sat and Sun).

On Tuesday, any chance you'd have a few minutes to re-wire my brother's DRLs to light up the position lights and/or an extra circuit? We've already disabled the stock DRLs (same as on our cars). Nothing beyond that.

His position bulbs that light up the 'C-shape' are 194/168 bulbs, so also same as ours.

He's got no more DRL candidates just yet. One shipping over (similar strips of LEDs as we have).

Here's something for the nay-sayers who keep saying, "You're just throwing your money away running 101 octane if you are not tuned for it."

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4820576&postcount=78

I also updated the first page of my build list.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I assume you will have the attempted install at a shop?

If so, will this shop tune your car as well?

If they do, great...but don't go nuts. If they don't, after they install and confirm fitment, have them put on the oem belt and drive until you can find a tuner.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I assume you will have the attempted install at a shop?

If so, will this shop tune your car as well?

If they do, great...but don't go nuts. If they don't, after they install and confirm fitment, have them put on the oem belt and drive until you can find a tuner.

o yes all work will be done at ECS from fit to finish.

So what happened with Mannyapolis' build?

I have tuned two turbo 3.6L's with forged internals. Nothing off the shelf though.

That said, they were both running 15+psi so needed internals.

Stock internals with boost has been done too, 8psi on stock bottom end was fine. The new cracked rod design is similar to the FA20 design and is fine for boost, as is the compression ratio

Are you able to provide any information in forged internals? Part numbers? Manufacturers?

Thanks.

Better have the ipt 5eat transmission upgrade. I doubt it will take the power stock. Unfortunately turbo is a road I don't think I could ever afford to go down with this car.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I rather do a six speed swap. only mod on my transmission is a cooler.

Better have the ipt 5eat transmission upgrade. I doubt it will take the power stock. Unfortunately turbo is a road I don't think I could ever afford to go down with this car.

I rather do a six speed swap. only mod on my transmission is a cooler.

How involved is that?

Beefing up the transmission will be a custom job and will require your tranny or a new one if you dont want down time.

A 6 speed swap is gonna run you $8000 to $10,000.