LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

I'm warming up to it...I wanna see it in something other than red.
There are a few links 2-3 thread pages back to AU and CAN sites/blogs/mags that show the car in white and silver. Plus if you watch the LA Auto show video past 16 minutes (used to be 31+ minutes but they seem to have edited it down) you'll see an SoA guy give an in-depth (still fairly lame) overview of a white USDM one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are like a bunch of prom queens whining over some girl who wore the same dress. :lol: If you haven't noticed that is the Subaru design team mantra the past 10 years. "Copy parts here and there form other cars." Are you a bunch of drivers or glamour queens? ;) Who gives a crap if it drives good? :) Maybe it's remnants of the bugeyed era that wanted to be noticed for being different. That's understandable.

Actually, recently its been stated a few times the goal with this car was to broaden its appeal. That's why it comes with 100% more Corolla.

Its all about the money. why not make it look like the #1 selling car in the world? lol. Subaru sees sales increase with their mainstream designs. the might lose subaru enthusiasts but they gain tons of mainstream consumers. subaru enthusiasts will buy them even though they are quirky and gets less gas mileage than everyone and not the best acceleration, not the cheapest, not the best trunk or leg space, not the best amenities, etc...etc. but average consumers sees it doesnt have those and look away. but now they see they look good and have a best in class something and then they buy them and realize oh they are good cars.

"Toyota Corolla, the world’s most popular car, surpassed 40 million in July 2013, reaching 40.01 million units."

In 2012: "a total of 3,180 Corollas were sold every day across more than 150 countries and regions."

Sales:

Toyota Corolla

Jan-July 2013: 650,072

Jan-July 2012: 652,846

Ford Focus

Jan-July 2013: 647,866

Jan-Jul 2012: 575,281

Subaru Impreza/XV

Jan-July 2013: 135,645

Jan-July 2013: 100,763

Corolla sales beat all 8 subaru models combined sales lol

Jan - Aug 2013 Jan-Aug 2012

Forester 73,752 50,505

Impreza 41,951 49,130

Impreza WRX 12,259 8,450

Legacy 30,504 31,465

Outback 81,930 74,621

Tribeca 1,131 1,399

BRZ 5,642 2,210

XV Crosstrek 34,483 n/a

TOTAL 281,652 217,780

"August was our best-ever with demand strong across all models. Significant to our success this year is more than half our sales are to people new to Subaru," said Bill Cyphers, senior vice president of sales, Subaru of America, Inc. "More and more people are recognizing our core brand attributes of longevity, safety, versatility and adventure."

You guys are like a bunch of prom queens whining over some girl who wore the same dress. :lol: If you haven't noticed that is the Subaru design team mantra the past 10 years. "Copy parts here and there form other cars." Are you a bunch of drivers or glamour queens? ;) Who gives a crap if it drives good? :) Maybe it's remnants of the bugeyed era that wanted to be noticed for being different. That's understandable.

What exactly is your goal in discussions such as this one?

Is it, maybe, to steer the discussion into a rational, objective, cool headed direction?

Do you feel that your reply accomplishes that goal?

If you had a valid point, it got lost in the ad hominems.

And you also set-up a false dichotomy.

Why does it have to be either a glamour queen or a driver.

It can be both!

Yeah, more or less the same thing. Then there's the difference between push vs pull style CVT, bottom line is when the torque output is notably higher than stock, the question is if the tension force put on the chain would cause it to slip. Essentially I personally would rather have a clutch. To repair/replace chain/pulleys or generally work on a CVT is, at the moment, still more expensive.

Oh well!

When you test drive it just press on the accelerator half way and let it speed up. There is no jerking motion between gears. At first it feels like a slipping clutch until you get used to it. I think I will test drive it as well. It end up with one next year.

So... if you add more power to a transmission that already feels like a slipping clutch, then how will you know if it's slipping or not?

A driver that is accustomed and familiar with their car would be able to tell.

I've driven several CVTs on a regular basis and once you get over that initial unlearning what you are instinctively anticipating it to behave like a geared transmission, you can definitely tell when something isn't working right.

What exactly is your goal in discussions such as this one?

Is it, maybe, to steer the discussion into a rational, objective, cool headed direction?

Do you feel that your reply accomplishes that goal?

If you had a valid point, it got lost in the ad hominems.

And you also set-up a false dichotomy.

Why does it have to be either a glamour queen or a driver.

It can be both!

Not a false dichotomy. Fact supported by autocritics. WRX drivers are generally more interested in how the car performs than how it looks. Look at the fugly bugeye and last edition. Not to mention the worthless ugly spoilers that did nothing on some years/models. Now they look like a Corolla and people whine. Ugly didn't stop them from buying before.

The WRX hasn't been a styling success over the years. It's just funny to hear people complaining the WRX matches one of the best selling cars (Toyota Corolla) on the planet.

http://carzz.co/designbook/473/ten-fast-but-ugly-cars/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhenry/2013/03/28/new-york-auto-show-subaru-unveils-the-new-subaru-wrx/

http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-subaru-wrx-isnt-ugly-but-it-is-boring-1468405139

I they made it really pretty (riced out) model it would leave no room for the kids to practice their art! I know a hella flush model would not sell as well since it would be a wanna be! :lol:

As soon as someone mods it and puts pics on the net the comments will turn around.

---

Don't think this has been posted yet, but this link has a video and a copy of the WRX Brochure:

2015 WRX "Guided Tour"

Not a false dichotomy. Fact supported by autocritics. WRX drivers are generally more interested in how the car performs than how it looks. Look at the fugly bugeye and last edition. Not to mention the worthless ugly spoilers that did nothing on some years/models. Now they look like a Corolla and people whine. Ugly didn't stop them from buying before.

The WRX hasn't been a styling success over the years. It's just funny to hear people complaining the WRX matches one of the best selling cars (Toyota Corolla) on the planet.

http://carzz.co/designbook/473/ten-fast-but-ugly-cars/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhenry/2013/03/28/new-york-auto-show-subaru-unveils-the-new-subaru-wrx/

http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-subaru-wrx-isnt-ugly-but-it-is-boring-1468405139

"BEAUTY IS IN TH EYES OF THE BEHOLDER."

This is my lucky year. Both My 2013 Legacy 3.6R and Tundra 5.7 were in top 10 as UGLIEST CAR/Truck. :woowoo::spin::spin:

The 2015 WRX or Legacy will break the trend.

"BEAUTY IS IN TH EYES OF THE BEHOLDER."

This is my lucky year. Both My 2013 Legacy 3.6R and Tundra 5.7 were in top 10 as UGLIEST CAR/Truck. :woowoo::spin::spin:

The 2015 WRX or Legacy will break the trend.

Don't worry about your taste. You are fine. :)

Archived