LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

Wow, it looks great in silver. I'm having high hopes for the next Legacy now.

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/11/20/4939758/wrx_600a-600x400.jpg

Agree, love the silver, much better than the red on the WRX.

I'm still very skeptical about the Legacy. The concept is just too bulky, too much like the gen 5.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if this is correct. I read that Levorge 2.0 engine is able to produce close to 300 HP. Why is it that WRX 2.0 DIT only produce 265?

Aren't they the same engine as the 2.0 DIT in the Forester?

"

Different turbos more than likely. Also, a 300hp Levorg won't step on the STi's toes. A 300hp WRX would be all up in the STi's business. People were already upset in the past few years the WRX was quicker than the STi to 60. Imagine the scuttlebutt with a 300hp WRX and a 305hp STi. Good luck selling any STis.

IBSTishouldhave350hp

Not sure if this is correct. I read that Levorge 2.0 engine is able to produce close to 300 HP. Why is it that WRX 2.0 DIT only produce 265?

Aren't they the same engine as the 2.0 DIT in the Forester?

"

They are the same engine in the way the EJ25 was the same engine across the line - it's all about what you pair it with (turbo, fuel system, exhaust, tune) - the goal seems to be to produce power with a flat torque curve - so the WRX is making 268 hp and 258 ft-lbs, but the 258 ft-lbs is constant from 2000-5200 rpm.

The order sheets posted up a little while back showed the STi with a 2.5 liter engine... so if that's true I wouldn't rule out 350+ hp (esp. if Subaru has decided they want to compete with the numbers some of the American cars are putting down). I'd be disappointed to see it come out with the 2 liter making just a bit over 300...

the difference between the STi and the WRX is more than just engine output, though - the suspension, transmission, wheels, enormous wing, and usually some interior tweaks also differentiate.

WRX is in the right market place with 268 potentially very tunable horses. Now, STI has to have 330+ HP or it will be killed by Golf R. Great looking, mature boy racer car with amazing f&f....which Subaru won't have hence the need for more pawaaaa! They did it right but still on the safe side with WRX. I am wondering which way they will go with STI. Will it be more agressive and grow some balls because race car or will they try to appeal to more mature demographics that is buying STI.

I don't see how STI will get "killed" by the Golf R if it has the rumored ~305 hp. The Golf R is rated at 296 hp/280 ft-lbs and probably weight a little less if not about the same as STI. The Golf R will have a nicer interior but traditionally it's also a little more expensive ($1-1.5k) than the STI. I think the two of them will be very competitive against each other. It will probably come down to which styling/body style the buyer prefers.

I can't unsee the Prius V in the middle. The curve at the roof, the slope of the c pillar, the "corolla" in the rear door's entire design. I'm really trying to get past it. I feel like I just fell out of love with my wife, and I'm trying to keep the marriage going for the kids.

JUST BE PRETTY AGAIN DAMMIT!

*sobbing*

I can't unsee the Prius V in the middle. The curve at the roof, the slope of the c pillar, the "corolla" in the rear door's entire design.

Maybe they are trying to subtly lure in the Prius driver who is bored out of the f- mind driving an appliance.:spin:

5x100?

100% not 5x100.

I compared distance between lug holes between a pic of a stock GR WRX 17" wheel and the new one, and the latter is quite a bit longer in pixels.

Whether it's 5x114.3 - probably. It comes out that way within rounding error. But not confirmed, and the offset is unknown.

I don't see how STI will get "killed" by the Golf R if it has the rumored ~305 hp. The Golf R is rated at 296 hp/280 ft-lbs and probably weight a little less if not about the same as STI. The Golf R will have a nicer interior but traditionally it's also a little more expensive ($1-1.5k) than the STI. I think the two of them will be very competitive against each other. It will probably come down to which styling/body style the buyer prefers.

VW says the new Golf R will weigh much much less than the current R. Some estimates are as much as 600lbs.

What is the purpose of the smaller window by the A pillar? Why couldn't the window be one piece?

If the larger side window was to fill this entire space, it would need to be the entire width of the door. I don't think this leaves enough room for the window tracks and regulator which allow it to move.

This is something that you wouldn't notice if the side mirror was in a typical location, because the side mirror would fill out the area between the trailing edge of the A-pillar and the leading edge of the window glass.

Exactly. Nissan and Infinity know how to do paddle shifters. They're on the column, not on the steering wheel.

I totally disagree, paddle shifters are better on the steering wheel not the column. Take Formula 1 race cars for an example, on the wheel. If your in a situation on a track where your in a corner and have to up or down shift you shouldn't move your hands from the steering wheel to make that shift. Where on the steering wheel the paddle is right where you need it. I drove both types and I hated the column shifters.

Far as that WRX prototype, the blue one. That looks the best. I love the ass end of it.

That is the most bizarre mirror location I've ever noticed

You must be pretty new among cars.

Door mounted mirrors were common during 70's and 80's

If you want bizarre - look at cars designed before the 60's and 70's. Some even had a periscope. Periscopes have been used later too, as on the Isdera Imperator.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOeTKlCPOss]ISDERA imperator 108i AMG 6.0-32V (nr. 14) @ Nordschleife, last lap in 2012 with trackdays.de - YouTube[/ame]

453747.png

I totally disagree, paddle shifters are better on the steering wheel not the column. Take Formula 1 race cars for an example, on the wheel. If your in a situation on a track where your in a corner and have to up or down shift you shouldn't move your hands from the steering wheel to make that shift. Where on the steering wheel the paddle is right where you need it. I drove both types and I hated the column shifters.

Two different applications.

F1, 1 turn lock to lock

WRX, 2.8 turns lock to lock

:cool:

That is the most bizarre mirror location I've ever noticed
Oh - now you've done it! We're about to be buried in "the new mirror lets you see everything now" posts... :lol:

It's like the rear window - it's probably two pieces now from folks constantly asking why you couldn't lower the window all the way in the old Impreza... (the front is two pieces now because you really need it to lower all the way) I think they missed their chance to bring back the window in a window look of the SVX...

Far as that WRX prototype, the blue one. That looks the best. I love the ass end of it.

;D You are welcome, as always, to disagree. Either way, the WRX isn't a F1 racecar. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure you don't have the same steering ratio as an F1 racecar unless you're that kind of "person" who drives a WRX only on the track. :rolleyes:

Whenever I have to go out of town and rent a car I'm always more happy with Nissan's paddle shifters than Subaru's paddle shifters just because of where they are located.

Anyone who says you shouldn't shift in a turn hasn't met an automatic transmission that shifts whether the driver wants it to or not.

Archived