LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skip the sunroof - that just adds unnecessary weight and takes room. Push button start is another thing I don't need.

Having a power seat isn't bad, but I would really like one with some recallable memory - and strong side support so it's possible to make use of a decent set of tires without sliding out through the door without opening it first.

453747.png

Since it will have the CTV, I'm interested. $30K for a limited w/ sunroof, HIDs, heated seats, push button start? Can they give it a power seat at least?
The order sheet shows the WRX Limited and STI Limited get 8-way power driver's seat. Unless the sheet is wrong or 8WPDS means something else.

Since it will have the CTV, I'm interested. $30K for a limited w/ sunroof, HIDs, heated seats, push button start? Can they give it a power seat at least?

It's probably going to be more than $30k for a limited cvt. I think they are currently 31-32k for a '14 limited WRX. It will probably be pushing 33-34k.

It sort of resembles a shorter, sharper 4th gen in some ways. Although I don't like it as much as the concept that was released (and that the majority seems to support), I can't say I think it looks bad. I do like it. But like always, I'll reserve my judgements for when it's actually released. It may be my next car too, if a Legacy GT isn't offered in the next few years.

Ok, so the standard features for each configuration looks something like this. Based on the order sheet.

I'm not sure if there's a Premium CVT with NAV. The code 3W says it includes SI and PSHIFT (paddle shifters), and the note states that these are only available with CVT (at least on the WRX; STI has it standard on 6MT). But there's no line for a Premium CVT with NAV, just for 6MT.

Sheet shows WRX Limited has "LTHR" and STI Limited has "LHTR". I'm just assuming both of these mean Leather seating, and not LHTR being some other feature. (It does specifically state leather seating in the Color options, as well.)

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2838/10875829524_b3d7c2c224_o.png

Fixed WRX STI typo.

Seems to me that the STi has went through Pimp My Ride rather than anything else - Moonroof but no All-Weather package???
Huh, I didn't notice that. Wonder if they missed it on the sheet, or if the STI seats are different (harder to integrate seat heating). Seats could be exactly the same; haven't seen info on that yet.

...the '15 looks alright, but I'm interested in the transmission. Specifically, if the cable shifted unit will have anything in common w/the 5th gen's 6-speed. Hopefully the shifter will be the same, which I hope can eventually open the door to some short shifter options for 5th gen owners.

I was really looking forward to the Conceptual WRX being produced. It can be done and has been done but by others. Dodge pulled it off with Prowler and Viper.

WRX STI with paddle shifters and a hand brake with 300+ HP and the wheel wells to tire diameter (a.k.a. Dead cat Hole) just like the concept car. Some of us have joints that don't work as well as they used to. Paddle shifters are a good alternative.

What do you think "RTS" is? it's standard on the premium and limited WRX (not on the base WRX or STi). Wonder if the STi comes with LED headlights and foglights, or maybe the LED for the WRX limited is just for daytime running lights, and the STi has the LED headlights?

Wonder if the 6MT in the regular WRX is the one in the Legacy, or if it's the STi one without the DCCD?

You lost me on that one; you haven't even driven the car.

I drove Foresters with cable MT and HT CVT. I liked the latter by a mile.

I like decent MTs for the feeling of being connected to the engine/transmission. Cable-based MT doesn't give me that feeling.

FXT CVT is much better than regular CVTs. When floored, it was taking revs right to the HP peak and stayed there throughout acceleration. Regular automatics usually annoy me by their gear-shifting patterns, there was nothing to be annoyed here. If I were to track HT CVT, I guess I might find that the rpm drop during cornering/braking annoying, and a 'manual' mode having all the faults of a regular automatic, but for DDing I suspect I won't hate HT CVT as much as would hate a sloppy feel-less MT.

Archived