LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mentioned (rumor mill has it) good ol' EJ and turbo location in the STI.

Plus no LED/black headlights in the WRX unless Limited

(moonroof and a ton of other useless $#@& such as leather seats, nav, backup cam, etc.)

The 22B is rod knocking in its grave.

Way to alienate your core enthusiast target SoA!

We've seen the future, and it’s a soccer mom base Forester and raised Legacy CVT non-turbo, 17" steelies, equal-length header filled bundle of joy.

Thanks a lot Toyota.

^^^ I believe Perscitus is gnna jump ship once this car is available for sale...:lol:

Unless I go first....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Lol, I'm sticking around Fredrik. Keeping my 5th gen for at least another couple of years. Maybe until the 2nd or 3rd MY 6th gen 2.0DIT or H6 rolls into dealer lots.

My brother will be picking up the 2015 WRX in the spring.

Some minor suspension, intake and ARK exhaust later, we'll Ecutek tune it back to proper 2.0DIT power levels matching the JDM 2.0DIT Legacy and Levorg.

So the oddity that is that section between the hood and grill is due to pedestrian crash standards? I see it on the new 3 Series as well... unsure how to feel about that design language overall. Just sits funny with me, not fully negative, just unsure what to think of it.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

So the oddity that is that section between the hood and grill is due to pedestrian crash standards? I see it on the new 3 Series as well... unsure how to feel about that design language overall. Just sits funny with me, not fully negative, just unsure what to think of it.

Most European cars are following that standard...even the Mercedes SL.

I guess the EVO VIII was way ahead of it's time!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Some new GGM color pics. 'Limited' trim interior, CVT, fake carbon fiber galore, leather (bleh), etc. trunk space.

Supposedly optional wheels will include 18" BBS RIs and a rim most similar to the look of the current Corvetter ZR1 wheels.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41111633&postcount=5230

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41113895&postcount=5333

http://distilleryimage3.s3.amazonaws.com/10bb6f90635011e38ac90e2e8a39ed73_8.jpg

http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/057e782a635011e3a58e1245e04f45c6_8.jpg

Side by side current vs new-gen:

http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/3acad66c5f0511e38dad1252e118d761_8.jpg

If the rear seating is like the Legacy, Im in.

Same here! Just got the wife a new 14 fxt and would have considered limited if you could get it with cloth seats... Since you can't premium all the way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I don't have much faith in the Legacy line after this current generation. If I do return to Subaru, this new WRX is a prime candidate to replace my Kizashi GTS in a few years.

Kudos to Subaru for offering a CVT option as well, which is how I would go.

1. Exterior is refined and quite nice, more 4th gen Legacy than edgy WRX though.

2. Interior quality may be up, but that design is about as basic as it gets.

3. That exhaust note doesn't sound very arousing.

4. Considering the hype about handling, he mentioned fuel economy too many times.

1. Exterior is refined and quite nice, more 4th gen Legacy than edgy WRX though.

2. Interior quality may be up, but that design is about as basic as it gets.

3. That exhaust note doesn't sound very arousing.

4. Considering the hype about handling, he mentioned fuel economy too many times.

I like it overall. I think the 08+ wrx sedans are ugly. The first couple years were way too plain looking, then the refresh made it too aggressive looking. I think it also made the STi not stand out enough.

Exhaust note isn't very pleasant, agreed. I'm wondering what it sounds like in the cabin, and just at lower RPMS...the vids I've seen it's revving pretty high.

I'm glad they're keeping the interior design pretty simple. So many modern cars have overwrought interiors with endless knobs and buttons and junk. Give me heated cloth or alcantara seats, climate control, and a decent sound system, and I'm happy. It looks like the WRX premium with HK+nav gets you that.

I think a 2016 - I don't think I'd ever get a first model year of anything, particularly after such a major update - could be my eventual LGT replacement. I wonder if my boss would deem it modest enough for me as a salesman.

I'm glad they're keeping the interior design pretty simple. So many modern cars have overwrought interiors with endless knobs and buttons and junk. Give me heated cloth or alcantara seats, climate control, and a decent sound system, and I'm happy. It looks like the WRX premium with HK+nav gets you that.

Simple is good and it doesn't look Toyota garish like the current Legacy. The current generation Impreza is one of Subaru's better interiors in the USA due to it's simplicity.

In addition to what you said, double emphasis needs to be put on the sound system. I find the current Impreza and Legacy sound system to be blah in all trim levels.

Simple interiors are good, as with the 4th gen Legacy. Convoluted is not (looking at you, Ford)

In terms of aesthetics though, this looks extremely plain, ie: too many straight lines for my taste.

Kizashi... I'd trade that slow, ugly thing in a heartbeat for the new WRX.

Kizashi is a great car.

Kizashi... I'd trade that slow, ugly thing in a heartbeat for the new WRX.

I like my kizashi just fine thanks. It's been reliable, eats snow for fun, is sprung tight, corners like a monster, has a great sound system and I love the Euro/Germanic exterior design.

Great car that I'll probably keep till it blows up.

Archived