LegacyGT.com

Wasp build Thread

So, are you going to run it on a dyno?

I've been tempted to borrow a few exhaust systems from local owners, and try a back to back cbe test. Of course, that assumes willing owners & a dyno shop that would discount the fun.

My tuner said my car was very hard to tune because the stock CBE. He was expecting low 400's, instead of high 300's. He has since tuned the same turbo to mid 400's and some to mid 500's.

Do you have a target in mind for the finished build?

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated Too
I'm having my motor built professionally and warrantied by R&L Engines. Leo is actually exceptionally good at what he does. I guess i'm not sure just what you meant, Shawn? Unless of course you were confused by the pictures?

Mmkay

So, are you going to run it on a dyno?

I've been tempted to borrow a few exhaust systems from local owners, and try a back to back cbe test. Of course, that assumes willing owners & a dyno shop that would discount the fun.

My tuner said my car was very hard to tune because the stock CBE. He was expecting low 400's, instead of high 300's. He has since tuned the same turbo to mid 400's and some to mid 500's.

Do you have a target in mind for the finished build?

Yes I'll be traveling to BrenTuning after the motor break in period. To be quite honest with you, I'm more in for the tuning than the numbers. After some substantially drawn out arguments with Max via FB, he helped to changed the way I think about HP & TQ ratings. Then another of my friends "08Legacy08" convinced me to do a build before strapping the 20G on to bulletproof the motor. Both parties had credible arguments. I want "reliable power", that's my target. I know ill be over 300whp & wtq. That's plenty for me and what I'll be using the car for.

Dropped my heads off at R & L Engines. I was told that the valves looked good, so Leo is putting them in for a "clean and a shave". Then pressure testing. I really don't want to have to rebuild the heads if i dont have to... i'd rather wait till next summer when money isn't so tight.

I may not be the most useful poster, but I try to deliver. Hey speaking of Laff, how come he's not littering this thread?

BTW, I've learned that Gire will bann you just for asking. It's Friday and I should be working, but just can't muster up the energy to do anything useful with my day.

• I Donated Too
I may not be the most useful poster, but I try to deliver. Hey speaking of Laff, how come he's not littering this thread?

BTW, I've learned that Gire will bann you just for asking. It's Friday and I should be working, but just can't muster up the energy to do anything useful with my day.

It's a build thread. Not my arena.

Welcome to my entire week! Luckily, at this office, they're pretty cool about it. :lol:

... And deliver you must! What do you do for work?

Laff doesn't usually troll on me like he does for some; it's all fun and games anyhow. Everyone's welcome here!

And Gire? He's a mod I'm assuming? Ask him to ban you, see if it works! I already took my 3.5 week sabbatical this past summer, thanks. ;)

Back on subject, when I was rebuilding my motor I took my heads to a machine shop. Had them pressure test them first to determine if they needed to be rebuilt. They passed with good results, so no need to spend the extra money to have them rebuilt. I'll only rebuild them if they start losing pressure.
My wife's balls are delicious.

... And deliver you must! What do you do for work?

Laff doesn't usually troll on me like he does for some; it's all fun and games anyhow. Everyone's welcome here!

And Gire? He's a mod I'm assuming? Ask him to ban you, see if it works! I already took my 3.5 week sabbatical this past summer, thanks. ;)

I work with software.

turns out Gire is agreeable to using his mod powers.:wub:

Back on subject, when I was rebuilding my motor I took my heads to a machine shop. Had them pressure test them first to determine if they needed to be rebuilt. They passed with good results, so no need to spend the extra money to have them rebuilt. I'll only rebuild them if they start losing pressure.

you'll never reach hicksta status with that attitude. They are way past rebuild time.:)

Dropped my heads off at R & L Engines. I was told that the valves looked good, so Leo is putting them in for a "clean and a shave". Then pressure testing. I really don't want to have to rebuild the heads if i dont have to... i'd rather wait till next summer when money isn't so tight.

Agreed^ ... the only reason that i'll be looking into the heads in the summer is to cam them with a stage 1 P&P. For now, i don't want to have to do anything to them, aside from a good rinse!

I work with software.

turns out Gire is agreeable to using his mod powers.:wub:

This is the only thing I could find that would cause his ban. Looks like Gire is calling his bluff.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived