LegacyGT.com

New Short Block Time...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got this far on my lunch break...

http://i.imgur.com/nYkv33h.jpg

If you take out your ABS sensor - which, unlike the rear hubs, you don't need to - be careful with it on the reinstall. Keep magnetic tools away from it, and don't get any antiseize on it. You are coating your hub and your spindle mating surfaces with antiseize right? ;) ;)

And don't forget to put a few dabs of antiseize in your rotor "push-off" holes as well. You'll pat yourself on the back the next time you take off your rotors.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

If you take out your ABS sensor - which, unlike the rear hubs, you don't - be careful with it on the reinstall. Keep magnetic tools away from it, and don't get any antiseize on it. You are coating your hub and your spindle mating surfaces with antiseize right? ;) ;)

And don't forget to put a few dabs of antiseize in your rotor "push-off" holes as well. You'll pat yourself on the back the next time you take off your rotors.

Yup, and ball joint and brake bolts and everything I can. :lol:

You're saying this one is no good?

http://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part-detail.aspx?brand=MH&PartNumber=513220&pt=Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly&lu=2005 SUBARU LEGACY&vin=

Not sure what the Moog p/n was that Advance auto parts sold me years back. But after a week of dicking around and using my repair shop buddies $3000 ride along computer to track wheel speed. I took it out, put a OEM hub in and everything worked fine.

Both my rears are Moog.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have about 3000 miles on a new sb with wiseco pistons. My filter looked identical to yours, which my builder reassured is normal. Do yourself a favor, request a test kit from Blackstone labs. They will test your oil and give a full report, so you'll know what's going on in there. I was totally stressed, but the results came back fine. Its worth the piece of mind.

I have about 3000 miles on a new sb with wiseco pistons. My filter looked identical to yours, which my builder reassured is normal. Do yourself a favor, request a test kit from Blackstone labs. They will test your oil and give a full report, so you'll know what's going on in there. I was totally stressed, but the results came back fine. Its worth the piece of mind.

$25 and $~2.50 in postage, or, $20 and $7.50 for a bag and some snacks. Both should yield about the same results.

A. Welcome to the forum!

B. Not a bad idea. I have two test kits on the shelf, I should fill one and send it in. Maybe I'll see if they have any recommendations about how many miles I should put on before I test, and how many miles to put on the sample oil.

$25 and $~2.50 in postage, or, $20 and $7.50 for a bag and some snacks. Both should yield about the same results.

:confused:

Well FWIW I called Blackstone and he said they can't really give me anything useful till about 1000 miles. I asked it I should change at 500 and run it till 1000 and send in a sample and he said that that sounded like a good plan.

Yeah, I don't get Triscuit some times too. :spin:

something about scooby snacks i think?

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Passed 120 miles today. Yesterday I ran it damn near empty yesterday and put some fresh E85 in it. Definitely smelled a lot better than what was in it and I think it's running a little better too.

Still only doing short pulls to a max of 5k, but it pulls hard and no knock events under load. :wub:

It did throw a misfire code right after startup this morning, and sounds like it has a miss while cold. Thinking about picking up a coil pack for #4.

Changed the oil at 150 miles last night (100 miles on the oil). Looks about the same as the previous 50 mile change. Need to pick up some more filters & oil.

http://i.imgur.com/eSoe2C7.jpg

I think it's time to replace my front O2 so I'm ordering one of those today.

Also this came in the mail. :)

http://i.imgur.com/d23yAdZm.jpg

Looking forward to tuning and thinking about a few things today.

I may experiment with sending the 0-5v outputs from my boost gauge and WB02 to my TGV position sensor ecu inputs. Been reading this thread: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6430.

My AEM Failsafe gauge doesn't play nice with AccessTuner Race, and sending separate logs to my tuner is a pain for everyone involved. Plus, having to log with a laptop defeats some of the purpose of having a AccessPort to begin with.

I'm right on the border of needing to upgrade to an aftermarket MAP sensor - not sure if being able to log my boost gauge would negate that need.

More research needed. :munch:

• Moderators
I may experiment with sending the 0-5v outputs from my boost gauge and WB02 to my TGV position sensor ecu inputs. Been reading this thread: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6430.

Been thinking about this too! I'm planning to pull my motor for maintenance here in the somewhat near future, I wonder if I could convert one of the TGV sensor plugs to just be a straight plug in for a WBO2 sensor. Would be pretty sweet.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived