LegacyGT.com

Which air filter: Perrin, K&N, or OEM?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't like oiled gauze filters (K&N) because the oil is thin and can foul the MAF sensor. foam filters (Perrin) have a thicker oil that most likely won't coat your sensor.

pick your flavor, everyone will argue different pros and cons.

Is there any air filters available other than Subaru's? (Not performance one's like AVO, Perrin...) I just stopped by AutoZone to pick up an air filter - guess what: the one that was supposed to be compatible was the wrong size (about 3" too long.) I guess I'm going to have to pick one up from my dealership.

I guess the question comes down more to $ then flow. There isn't going to be any HP TQ difference with going to one of these over OEM. However if the OEM is $10 (not really sure how much it is) a filter and needs to be replaced once a year it is better to spend $35-$40 on a reusable one now and it will pay for itself after 3 years or so.

I know I am a finance geek and who cares right.......I dunno that is how my brain thinks. Plus you will get a nice sound and be able to re sell the drop in later most likely for a few $'s

Archived