LegacyGT.com

My Legacy Rebuild...

sorry to hear. I wonder how your radiator got cracked.. During rebuild maybe?

No they are just small stress cracks right around one of the mounting boss's for the fan shroud. I think it's just old age showing.

Whole fan/radiator assy was behind the car the whole time the engine was out.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No they are just small stress cracks right around one of the mounting boss's for the fan shroud. I think it's just old age showing.

Whole fan/radiator assy was behind the car the whole time the engine was out.

So it's not leaking ???

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

One of the cracks yes there is coolant seeping through, It's not like drip drip leak but sitting in the driveway after shutting it down it produced a decent sized drop right above the crack so it will eventually get worse.

Its right here

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh201/3400modified/Leggy/2013-06-03093205_zpse0500b34.png

Can't see it in this photo either so it's pretty recent as far as when it started to seep...

Well its FINALLY on the road. Replaced the radiator last night and put in the subaru coolant additive when I refilled it.

So far all is well. I'm going to be looking over the tune to see how it's running compared to before all of this mess happened... and I'm really thinking about taking it down to ECS OR EFI logics to get a dyno tune done. That wont happen till end of June maybe July... A bit busy right now and I will probably wait till I have about 3k on the motor.

That and BrenTuning's dyno is a half hour north of Plainfield, CT

Wait, what? Where is BrenTuning?

I was starting with the names I've head before on here, but if someone is way closer and still has a good rep, I'll bring it there first.

nvmd, he's about 45min from Plainfield... Still way closer.

I'm also out of town all next week... Headed to Denver with the Beretta for our National meet. I still have a few things to finish up and chase down on the car but it should be mostly ready for a dyno run when I get back, sometime Late June or early July.

Sent an email to both, we'll see what the price is.

Give of take 15mins :lol:

But yea right up in Auburn, MA as you found. 395 dumps right down the street from the dyno.

IIRC Mike at Tuning Alliance uses ESP's dyno in Sterling.

Correct Neil, Mike uses ESP unless he's found a closer dyno to use.

Jon, Bren sounds like the best place, thru ESP is only another 15 minutes up the road from there.

But either way, your going to get a great tune.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm all setup and going to visit Mike Kinsman on the 27th of this month... Get some base pulls and then go from there.

8:30am at Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling MA if anyone wants to stop by.

Why not StiMikey, "Phatbotti Tuning" ? I think he does Efi Logics and is based in CT.

I sent EFI Logics (and yes their tuner is "Mikey") an email and it took them a while to get back to me. Mike Kinsman was the first to get back to me out of all the emails I sent out so I went with him. All seemed to be about the same price.

EFI is also 2hrs away from me where ESP's Dyno is only 1hr.

• 3 weeks later...

Great to hear Mike will take care of your tune. If Dave Brady is there, you'll enjoy talking with him. They have some interesting cars there.

He did one of the first auto to manual swaps in his wagon.

Hint, bring your lunch. There is a lunch truck that comes by about 10:30 if I remember.

STi Mikey flew here to Chicago late April and tuned a few of Subies...awesome tune i must say...he is a busy busy man...but I couldnt be any happier...after i emailed him my datalogging, i got a revision the next business day...hoping to fly him back when i get a turbo upgrade and supporting mods...

dont forget its summer and its prime time for tuning ;)

good things cum to those who wait lol

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

• 2 weeks later...

Archived