LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So today marks 3 weeks without sugar. Running 1 mile a day, no meat, dairy or flour. The change has been fantastic! I feel great! Zero alcohol! A healthy diet, caffeine free, sugar free and a 1 hour workout each day! Lost 10 lbs of fat and gained muscle mass.

I have no idea whose status this is, but I am really proud of them so I decided to copy & paste!

Couldn't resist. :)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Just started on my low carb high protein diet this week, since my beer belly has returned again. Hoping to lose 20 lbs by the end of the month.

1-1.5 hrs workouts in the morning 5-6 days a week. Done it several times before, hopefully I can do it again this time, being that I'm older now.

Still waiting for them to release the zero calorie alcohols. :lol:

My wife's balls are delicious.

You can do it. Just watch your calories. That's 99% of the battle. Don't Overthink it. I know over weight active people because of their diets.

I just lost 13-14 pounds by cutting daily calories to about 1650. Did it in about 1.5 to 2 months. Only wanted to lose 10 pounds of winter beer weight, but I gave myself a buffer. Kept at my usually running schedule. No crazy protein, carb, asparagus diets for me. I just use my fitness pal to count calories and rely on math. :)

I've lose a lot of muscle mass during the winter months and replaced it with fat, due to the new house and kids activities. Yes that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Started lifting again last week and I feel like that "big man with little weights". :lol: It is embarrassing bench pressing 135lbs and feeling my arms shack on the 5th rep. I'm use to working out at 225lbs 6 months ago.

Guess I'll be overdosing on creatine for the next few weeks. :lol:

It really is all just a math equation. I too use MyFitnessPal and log virtually everything. Map my fitness and apple Heath and my scale are all linked. Makes it simple.

It really is all just a math equation. I too use MyFitnessPal and log virtually everything. Map my fitness and apple Heath and my scale are all linked. Makes it simple.

Yep... I wouldn't put too much credit into the calories burned segment. The apple watch grossly undercuts it. I think myfitnesspal may overstate it depending upon your capabilities. So if my exercise is 300 calories or less, I will just not include it in my allowance for the day, and stick to my 1650. Now that im at goal. I shoot for 1650-2000 with splurges here and there. I honestly don't even count every day.

but you're right. It's math. I hate fad diets.

I finally broke through my bench press max today. I've hit 95 lbs four times and stalled. Yes, 95 lbs. I'm a 5' 7" little guy and I'm in my 40s, so it's a good number to me. The first time last year I failed at getting 5x5 of 95lbs three sessions in a row, and the Strong Lifts app drops you back down when that happens. So you can recover and take another run at it. Then life got in the way and I took enough time off that the app scaled back all my lifts. 2 more times I got back up to 95 before I got interrupted. Today I did it and sooo barely. I even woke up a bit early knowing that I would need the max rest between sets for the attempt. I also squatted 5x5 of more than my body weight, which has been along time catching up to where I was last year. Getting hard, but I can still do 5x5 with 90s rests. I'm just 10lbs away from my squat max. 50lbs off my DL max though.

468kcals according to my Polar HRM

164BPM max, 108 bpm average. 1hr 15 minutes including putting the equipment away and post workout stretching.

I've lose a lot of muscle mass during the winter months and replaced it with fat, due to the new house and kids activities. Yes that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Started lifting again last week and I feel like that "big man with little weights". :lol: It is embarrassing bench pressing 135lbs and feeling my arms shack on the 5th rep. I'm use to working out at 225lbs 6 months ago.

Guess I'll be overdosing on creatine for the next few weeks. :lol:

135 seems so far off to me, uncharted territory. You're muscle memory should kick in, and you'll get near the 200s pretty fast.

135 seems so far off to me, uncharted territory. You're muscle memory should kick in, and you'll get near the 200s pretty fast.

I know it's going to take a few weeks to get my muscles back up to speed, it's just a little embarrassing getting there, being my size. :lol:

6'1"

252 lbs

I'm back in beast mode now, so I should be able to lose 20lbs within a month, along with getting some of the muscle mass back.

Yep... I wouldn't put too much credit into the calories burned segment. The apple watch grossly undercuts it. I think myfitnesspal may overstate it depending upon your capabilities. So if my exercise is 300 calories or less, I will just not include it in my allowance for the day, and stick to my 1650. Now that im at goal. I shoot for 1650-2000 with splurges here and there. I honestly don't even count every day.

I agree 100%. My Apple watch, except for swimming, is way understated. And map my blah blah is overstated. I generally try to stick to my calorie count, regardless of exercise. It is still slow going! But it's math.

My fit bit was a piece of crap, and a liar. I'm wearing a hrm strap across my chest. Not counting steps or that junk. Just beats per minute measured at the heart.

I only use my heart rate monitor to compare the progression of the workouts. I did an hour of trampolines at one of those indoor places with the kids for a birthday. I wore the hrm, and hit 180s several times. probably unsafe for my age. Total kcals was in the mid 600s. Next day I was fine. Compare to a few days ago my squat, ohp, deadlift workout had me in the 600s too. I was still sore two days later... And it was time to squat again. (Every workout is leg day on the Strong Lights protocol. )

So is 600kcal strength training heavy = 600kcal of high intensity cardio? F if I know, but it's fun to track it.

Screenshot_20170509-221530.thumb.png.31f971be41ff329050c5dbc600136b26.png

I agree 100%. My Apple watch, except for swimming, is way understated. And map my blah blah is overstated. I generally try to stick to my calorie count, regardless of exercise. It is still slow going! But it's math.

My gal posted this earlier today and said '60 pounds and a bachelors degree later'. So proud. I don't post pictures of me, or her, but here you go. She did it. I am so proud.

b6bb5d081dd97962b88c5adcf989cbde.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I joined a kick boxing class and switched to a Paleo diet. It's a 6 week challenge. My goals:

-Lose 15-20lbs (weighed in at 247),

-60 squats in 60 seconds,

-60 situps in 60 seconds,

-45 pushups in 60 seconds.

All of these would be warm ups when I was still playing competitive sports, but I struggled. with 18 pushups, 42 situps, 43 squats. I'm embarrassed, but motivated.

Paleo really isn't that bad, either. I love meat and veggies.

John Hancock

I joined a kick boxing class and switched to a Paleo diet. It's a 6 week challenge. My goals:

-Lose 15-20lbs (weighed in at 247),

-60 squats in 60 seconds,

-60 situps in 60 seconds,

-45 pushups in 60 seconds.

All of these would be warm ups when I was still playing competitive sports, but I struggled. with 18 pushups, 42 situps, 43 squats. I'm embarrassed, but motivated.

Paleo really isn't that bad, either. I love meat and veggies.

Any exercise it better then no exercise. How many days a week are you working out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived