LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're super fun! Get your transition area all set up! Don't forget a small chamois or towel to get your feet dry before putting on shoes / socks.

Once you transition to the run, that odd jello like feeling in your legs will eventually get better :lol:

Good luck!!

Did it! 3rd in my class. Swimming was harder than I expected due to getting mouthfuls of water. The rest was good. I was slow, but I didn't finish last, and, I finished!!!

Funny... I grew up with a lake as our recreation area. There was a manmade beach, dock with a little and big slide for the kids, paddle boats, etc. It was a right of passage to become a strong enough swimmer to get to the island in the middle, and then to the backside of it where the lifeguards and parents couldn't see us. Then shenanigans could happen.

Critters... Never though of it that way. I probably would see it differently now.

On topic, I jacked up my knee more than a month ago. Strained the left one real bad. Chiropractor (ART) worked with me on, and taught me several knee exercises to loosen up the tendons and strengthen the ancillary muscles. Everytime he'd work on it, it would be so much better, but is taking a long time to get back to 100%. BC old, and bc I pick up my kids, etc. The kids just got big kid bikes without training wheels, which means I'm going to need a bike to keep up with them asap. Knee has to get better.

I'm up a few pounds, and probably lost a little bit of muscle mass not being able to do my squats, and DL's. I squatted light on Friday and it went well, but it's killed my motivation. Feeling yucky right now, and need to find some way to get back on the horse. I was waking up an hour before everyone else on workout days, and lately I am so dang tired I can't fathom that. Also the chiro said the squatting isn't helping the knee situation, although he doesn't want me to stop. Just keep doing the ancillary exercises.

Goals... I need some.

Funny... I grew up with a lake as our recreation area. There was a manmade beach, dock with a little and big slide for the kids, paddle boats, etc. It was a right of passage to become a strong enough swimmer to get to the island in the middle, and then to the backside of it where the lifeguards and parents couldn't see us. Then shenanigans could happen.

Critters... Never though of it that way. I probably would see it differently now.

Don't get me wrong, I did too. Learned to swim in Lake Michigan and Tomahawk Lake, both in Northern WI. Just don't want to do it now. I have a hard time getting in the St. Lawrence river at camp, and its crystal clear. I'm a wimp!

And, you are welcome.

And, keep moving don't lose motivation!

I was thinking about this thread this morning, and even though it made me late to work and I didn't get one of the sweet under ground parking spots, I did 100 kettle bell swings with 55lbs. 40 + 30 + 20 + 10, with 30 second rests. It's not much, just takes a few minutes, but it gets my heart rate to 180 ish, and I feel it all over.

Yep!!

On topic, I've kinda given up hope to get a fall half marathon in. I have only run a few times since my April half. Back issues, summer projects, time constraints, and lack of will to run have gotten in the way. I'll cheer on my wife instead. First time I'll be on the sidelines!!!

I see 7 mins of talking time in there :confused:

JJ you can get ready for a 1/2 in a few weeks. you got this.

Im basically back down to 3-4 miles im guessing. I haven't done more than that in 3 months plus. I need to be at a solid 7 or so right now. Heck, I haven't ran in 3 weeks. Trying to get my back pain etc right before I embark on my next adventure. :/

Kinda depressing, but I've also kinda lost my desire to run. Ever since the Goofy challenge, 4-5 years back... running hasn't been the same for me.

Archived