LegacyGT.com

CM FX350 installed

RedDawg

Yea I have about 14k on mine and the shudder has gotten better. I learned I have to blip a little above 1.8k Roll and slowly let the clutch out. On hills e brake engage 100% cus I have to engage kinda slow to keep the rpm low to avoid burning it. Still no slippage yet. Def a love hate relationship. But gets managable over time

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, add me to the list of failed Clutch Master clutches. My FX400 just went out with less than 7k on it. I will post more details in JermTheElf's thread once I know more. Initially it looks like TOB failure, maybe more. It is now at Clutch Masters for them to examine.

Any suggestions on what I should replace it with? I should be around 330wtq if I ever get my tune finished.

Should I even put it back in if they cover it?

Spec 2 or 2+

Thanks. I previously had two stage 3 spec clutches and liked them. I did have an issue with one of them losing a rivet, requiring replacement, but putting in a CM seems like playing roulette.

I have to say I'm on my second FX300 and have had Zero issues. This time I went with the TSK3 or whatever it's called and like it even more. Just an FYI that it seems it's the 350 with the serious problems. Simply my experience. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Yea I have about 14k on mine and the shudder has gotten better. I learned I have to blip a little above 1.8k Roll and slowly let the clutch out. On hills e brake engage 100% cus I have to engage kinda slow to keep the rpm low to avoid burning it. Still no slippage yet. Def a love hate relationship. But gets managable over time

This is exactly what I did yesterday. I tried to reduce the different variations and stick to one type of take-off method for a day or two.

2k seems like the sweet spot but you still need to roll off the clutch much slower than the stock clutch for it to be seamless. However, sometimes it'll be engaged already but you're not fully aware that it is and you're like..crap I held it for an extra .5-1 sec for no reason. That's the annoying part, because I'm not used to releasing the clutch at such a slow rate.

I have to say I'm on my second FX300 and have had Zero issues. This time I went with the TSK3 or whatever it's called and like it even more. Just an FYI that it seems it's the 350 with the serious problems. Simply my experience. :)

Ya I have the TKS3 in mine. I may try the cm300 if this 350 goes just would like some more feedback on the 300.

This is exactly what I did yesterday. I tried to reduce the different variations and stick to one type of take-off method for a day or two.

2k seems like the sweet spot but you still need to roll off the clutch much slower than the stock clutch for it to be seamless. However, sometimes it'll be engaged already but you're not fully aware that it is and you're like..crap I held it for an extra .5-1 sec for no reason. That's the annoying part, because I'm not used to releasing the clutch at such a slow rate.

I found that I am able to release it at 1.2k with little to no rev AS LONG as I engage it slowly while giving it a little gas. When I go days driving it perfectly I get cocky and try to engage it faster to only be shot down by the shudder. But there def is a sweet spot getting it to engage. A little lower then 2 k blip engage seems to be the fastest & most effective way. It seems the shudder is most significant when the clutch is hot. I guess it's the price you pay for the stock clutch feel. Still would rather it over my comp clutch hands down.

Man I am so glad I didn't go with the 350 after having the 300. I put a stock STI clutch and flywheel in my 6 speed and I love it......

What kind of Dyno did you get your numbers from? Is the stock STI clutch holding up well? How many miles do you expect to get from it?

• 1 year later...
Update on my fx350. It is starting to slip in 5th gear. Put about ~30k miles on it and it lasted about 2 years. Seems ok for my 280whp / 290wtrq. Was hoping to get more out of it. Daily driven mostly highway. NEVER launched. Aggressive driving pulls sometimes. Chatter was ok to moderate if slipped clutch under 1.5k rpm.

Archived