LegacyGT.com

If you were given $10,000

You must have not used student loans.. I took 6yrs, 3 at a community college and 3 at a state school. The debt from that is crippling.

No student loans...didnt qualify. Too rich for grants, and too poor for loans. Went to the community college where parents worked (free tuition) until I had enough to transfer. Then borrowed against credit cards to finance the rest. Destroyed my credit in the process.

In a do-over, I'd have gone to Alaska and worked on the fishing boats for a summer. Had a roommate who did that, lived like a king the whole school year. Of course, this was back in the dark ages before Al Gore invented the internet.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if college is holding you back, that's what taking a quarter off is for. Further, if you handle the loan & grant process correctly, you should be fully funded for your time off.

2 1/2 at community luckily just paid those out of pocket and now at my state school 2 1/2 years for here too. One more year to go....

My loans pay for my apartment at school and my food. And payments while I'm away lol so little room for mods :spin:

• I Donated
Kids these days...can't think for themselves. I spent 10 years in school; I'd have gone nutz without taking off a quarter or two.:hide:

I took time off, but it sure as hell wasn't to mod my car.

And 10 years? I hope you were part time...

Not to troll or derail, but I'd buy a Miata and build that.

'IF' the LGT was my fun car, I'd get a re-inforced Cosworth engine and 20G or GT38 that sucker til it was a hair-width away from exploding, and spend the rest on some killer exterior nonsense, and go hunting Ferraris.

OR, I'd sell my LGT, use that money plus the 10K and continue to save up for a 993 Porsche. I'd be halfway there.

I agree with Gire... I'd build a monster miata

I agree with Gire... I'd build a monster miata

Who spends $10,000 at a time on car parts? :iam:

If i had $10,000 drop at once i sure the hell would lol. And why the hell so many miata builds?

If i was going to pick a track car and had money to just dump 928 turbo be my choice idk why i just love the looks of those cars

• I Donated
If i had $10,000 drop at once i sure the hell would lol. And why the hell so many miata builds?

If i was going to pick a track car and had money to just dump 928 turbo be my choice idk why i just love the looks of those cars

So many miata builds because parts are dirt cheap for them, they are a blast to drive, easy to work on, and you would go very far with 10 grand into one. You wouldn't get nearly as far in an LGT or a 928 Turbo.

So many miata builds because parts are dirt cheap for them, they are a blast to drive, easy to work on, and you would go very far with 10 grand into one. You wouldn't get nearly as far in an LGT or a 928 Turbo.

ive seen a few miata around me built, never actually seen one go around a track but they do look fun, just me personally wouldnt want one as my track car. And yea no a 928 would not go very far on $10k.. but they i have seen go around a track and are just amazing at it. actually seen a custom LS1 built 928. :spin::spin::wub::wub::wub: don't know the cost of that but that would be awesome.

Anyone spending $10k on a build this spring?

Im pretty sure I'll hit 10k some time in spring for this year because palindrome...er, racecar.

I'd invest the $10k and never worry about things like the turbo going out, ringland failure, burnt valves, blown head gaskets, or whatever else it seems like these cars are capable of ever again.

Buy a used LGT for 10k and have a spare in case anything ever goes wrong. Heck, just turn the broken one into spare parts. I knew a few VW bug guys in the 80s like that. You could tow one behind the other in case the banjo bolt/oil pickup/cyl3-4/frontwheelbearing/crappypaint/etc goes wrong with the first one.:cool:

ive hered once you get them boosted and handling beefed up they are like a v8 on rails

A chick in a n/a track Miata came up to me at the track and said "why didn't you just start with a fast car?" (I was turning similar times as her gutted, caged, track miata in my cough-cough bolt on LGT with full interior/ac/etc)

First time you come flying down a straight to get on the ass of a Miata just in time to trail brake and watch the Miata go though the turn without LIFTING, let alone braking and you understand why the flea can move. Its not the driver of the Legacy that is the problem here. My car CANNOT carry the same speed as a Miata though the turns with 245 size vs 215 of similar composition that a lot of the Miata are running. 215/15 on a Miata is like 285/18 on a LGT. They can buy three sets of tires, a set of track wheels and brakes and some suspension bits for the cost of a track wheel/tire set on a lgt nevermind our horrific offset and retarded bolt pattern.:spin:

/miata rant

Im pretty sure I'll hit 10k some time in spring for this year because palindrome...er, racecar.

Buy a used LGT for 10k and have a spare in case anything ever goes wrong. Heck, just turn the broken one into spare parts. I knew a few VW bug guys in the 80s like that. You could tow one behind the other in case the banjo bolt/oil pickup/cyl3-4/frontwheelbearing/crappypaint/etc goes wrong with the first one.:cool:

A chick in a n/a track Miata came up to me at the track and said "why didn't you just start with a fast car?" (I was turning similar times as her gutted, caged, track miata in my cough-cough bolt on LGT with full interior/ac/etc)

First time you come flying down a straight to get on the ass of a Miata just in time to trail brake and watch the Miata go though the turn without LIFTING, let alone braking and you understand why the flea can move. Its not the driver of the Legacy that is the problem here. My car CANNOT carry the same speed as a Miata though the turns with 245 size vs 215 of similar composition that a lot of the Miata are running. 215/15 on a Miata is like 285/18 on a LGT. They can buy three sets of tires, a set of track wheels and brakes and some suspension bits for the cost of a track wheel/tire set on a lgt nevermind our horrific offset and retarded bolt pattern.:spin:

/miata rant

so much win here. The first time I went thru a corner in the Miata flatout that I had to brake for in the wagon, I was terrified. The second time, I went even faster, and I was grinning.

Not many people on here that have that kind of money to drop in one shot. Otherwise we'd probably be driving Bimmers.

I thought average stats of a Legacy owner was in their forties, good income, owned their own home, lots of disposable income and no one to spend it on. Did that change since these came out 8 years ago? :wub:

Archived