LegacyGT.com

If you were given $10,000

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could pay the car off now, but honestly auto loans are so cheap right now I feel I'm better off investing my money in something else.

I have so little left to pay off I couldn't really finance the amount but my rate is stupid high compared to rates now. Forced to move back to Kansas, lost my job, and am broke so squeaking by on little to nothing and thankful I have my pops to keep a roof over my head!

If I didn't have a car payment I would be in a lot better position right now lol

I could pay the car off now, but honestly auto loans are so cheap right now I feel I'm better off investing my money in something else.

I got my auto loan for less than 4%.. When my student loan interest is between 6% and 11%, I'm better off paying the loans down first.

This thread is flawed- $10k is just enough money to overbuild one aspect of the car. Once you blow that money, you still have to build the rest of the car.

Interest rates are white low now. I make much more money off my money then I lose with interest I'm paying. I was going to pay off the car in 1 year but doesn't make economical sense to pay it all off to save maybe $800 over the whole term.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

• I Donated

I assume this thread assumes your car is stock?

If so, I'd buy what I've already bought and/or have:

- BNR Evo 16G: $850

- PTP turbo blanket: $85

- DP/UP: $375

- Perrin mid/Y with e-cutout: $260

- Cobb AP: $500

- BP TMIC mod: $100

- Upgraded clutch: $525

- Koni Yellow shocks: $475

- Stoptech Street Performance brake pads: $110

- Gaugetek VBG1 with oil pressure: $350

- All-in-one keys: $65

- Homelink mirror: $(have)

- Fumoto valve: $27

SUBTOTAL: $3722

I would then buy the following to complete the build:

- IP&T oil line: $175

- Thermal Zero UP/DP blankets: $175

- DW65c: $149

- TurboXS dyno tune: $450

SUBTOTAL: $949

I'd then throw in the following luxury items, just for fun:

- JDM extended armrest: $175

- JDM double-DIN kit: $400

- Kenwood or Pioneer navi HU: $1000-1500

SUBTOTAL: $2075

TOTAL: $6746

I'd invest the remaining $3254, so that I could buy a nice house with a nice garage. Or a CTS-V. :lol:

But realistically, if I came into $10k today, I'd spend the $949 to complete the build, then combine the rest with my existing savings and buy a house. I like what I have, and don't need much more.

I assume this thread assumes your car is stock?

If so, I'd buy what I've already bought and/or have:

- BNR Evo 16G: $850

- PTP turbo blanket: $85

- DP/UP: $375

- Perrin mid/Y with e-cutout: $260

- Cobb AP: $500

- BP TMIC mod: $100

- Upgraded clutch: $525

- Gaugetek VBG1 with oil pressure: $350

- All-in-one keys: $65

- Homelink mirror: $(have)

- Fumoto valve: $27

SUBTOTAL: $3722

I would then buy the following to complete the build:

- IP&T oil line: $175

- Thermal Zero UP/DP blankets: $175

- DW65c: $149

- TurboXS dyno tune: $450

SUBTOTAL: $949

I'd then throw in the following luxury items, just for fun:

- JDM extended armrest: $175

- JDM double-DIN kit: $400

- Kenwood or Pioneer navi HU: $1000-1500

SUBTOTAL: $2075

TOTAL: $6746

I'd invest the remaining $3254, so that I could buy a nice house with a nice garage. Or a CTS-V. :lol:

But realistically, if I came into $10k today, I'd spend the $949 to complete the build, then combine the rest with my existing savings and buy a house. I like what I have, and don't need much more.

What about suspension?

• I Donated
What about suspension?

I guess if I had $10k that I absolutely had to spend on my car, I'd get sways. I like my Konis, though.

lol.. Uncle Sam is repaying most of my wifes loans, she owes intrest on them... so 10k be nice, our weekend car is a Charger R/T and I hear u with putting money into it :p, owned my legacy 2 months and I already have the motor apart and doing a fresh build on it :)

lol.. Uncle Sam is repaying most of my wifes loans, she owes intrest on them... so 10k be nice, our weekend car is a Charger R/T and I hear u with putting money into it :p, owned my legacy 2 months and I already have the motor apart and doing a fresh build on it :)

I would love do a build myself. Finances are only thingy holding me back and college...

• I Donated
if college is holding you back, that's what taking a quarter off is for. Further, if you handle the loan & grant process correctly, you should be fully funded for your time off.

Taking a term off to mod your car is a terrible idea IMO.

I would love do a build myself. Finances are only thingy holding me back and college...

Here u there, I go to a comunity college, Have a kid + wife, 2 cars to mod and I work full time.... So parts coming in slowly is not bad, not like I got time :spin:

Kids these days...can't think for themselves. I spent 10 years in school; I'd have gone nutz without taking off a quarter or two.:hide:

You must have not used student loans.. I took 6yrs, 3 at a community college and 3 at a state school. The debt from that is crippling.

Archived