LegacyGT.com

If you were given $10,000

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spt does a nice job on keeping everything covered and supplies adequate amount of colder air rather then the stock, plus able to keep the front duck. i only want 350whp spt would do just fine a fully built engine just make me not worry at all with destroying anything.

You need to read more about this intake - seriously. not sure where you got your data? It's the poorest designed intake for our car (not even a debate here). Putting the MAF sensor in a bend of pipe creates all kinds of odd reads. You're better off OEM at that WHP number - and if you must have an intake consider the Cobb SF Intake with box that still uses the OEM snorkus and with the box you don't see the filter so it's OEM+ looking.

You need to read more about this intake - seriously. not sure where you got your data? It's the poorest designed intake for our car (not even a debate here). Putting the MAF sensor in a bend of pipe creates all kinds of odd reads. You're better off OEM at that WHP number - and if you must have an intake consider the Cobb SF Intake with box that still uses the OEM snorkus and with the box you don't see the filter so it's OEM+ looking.

its the point that it cleans yea it does shit, but OEM too bulky, if i wanted a true cold air id go with AEM heat wrapped with shield

Huh? I'm not even talking about IAT values - the MAF (mass air flow) sensor needs a straight tract of tubing to get a consistent read. Your ECU depends on this reading heavily to adjust AFR values. The SPT intake is garbage, but if you don't want to research that's up to you. I would not let someone put it on my car for free - let alone pay for that useless noisemaker. (Note - the Legacy SPT is the only one they put the MAF in a bend, and that's the issue with it).

Huh? I'm not even talking about IAT values - the MAF (mass air flow) sensor needs a straight tract of tubing to get a consistent read. Your ECU depends on this reading heavily to adjust AFR values. The SPT intake is garbage, but if you don't want to research that's up to you. I would not let someone put it on my car for free - let alone pay for that useless noisemaker. (Note - the Legacy SPT is the only one they put the MAF in a bend, and that's the issue with it).

im never buying an SPT intake..

10k goes very quickly!! My weekend car I think I have 25k into it in parts alone!

Legacy gt I've had for a few weeks and already have over 2 grand into it.

Think the extent I'd want is vf52 turbo, koni shocks, some volk wheels and a tune.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

10k goes very quickly!! My weekend car I think I have 25k into it in parts alone!

Think the extent I'd want is vf52 turbo, koni shocks, some volk wheels and a tune.

What did you spend with the $2k

Got the jdm double din bezel, CNT catted downpipe, cobb ap, grim speed ebcs, diode dynamics interior led kit, theretrofitsourse elite hid kit, and ordering a pioneer z140bh nav unit. Then getting a stage 2 tune within the month.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

• I Donated

What did you spend with the $2k

Got the jdm double din bezel, CNT catted downpipe, cobb ap, grim speed ebcs, diode dynamics interior led kit, theretrofitsourse elite hid kit, and ordering a pioneer z140bh nav unit. Then getting a stage 2 tune within the month.

Saw this thread start up days ago, didn't read it until now. Surprised no one has said it yet, but I'd pay off my car. That's it.

I guess I was thinking about what I wish I could do- not what I should do. Good call though. I can't fully enjoy the LGT until it's paid off.

Archived