LegacyGT.com

Bought a Miata

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good. Is there a hard-top option? Or, do you prefer the convertible soft-top?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Looking good. Is there a hard-top option? Or, do you prefer the convertible soft-top?

I like the idea of the OEM removable hard top but, have no place to really store it and don't want to blow $1200 on one :spin:

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I ran both Nt01 and 615K on my 3.6R. I had virtually same grip (as in I couldn't tell the difference), but the 615K allowed me to be a bit quirky with the steering. It had less slop.

Nt01 works well for some, but not for my driving style (for better or for worse).

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I had 205/50 NT01s on it in the past and was pretty happy with them. I almost went with the Maxxis RC-1 245s, but I wanted some pretense at streetability... :p

I wish they made the ZII in 225/45, as they've worked very well for me through the winter here. I can't leave the car outside overnight with R compounds, and the wife gets the garage once it starts getting cold...

S.Drives are a great street tire for a Miata. I've had them on my NA in the past, and currently run them on my wife's NC. They get greasy when pushed hard, and get a little noisy as they get older, but they handle rain and cold weather well for a summer tire. And they're cheap! ;)

I'm thinking about throwing some Hankook Ventus V2's on my stock wheels for the winter. In the one 'winter' rain storm we had last season I discovered rather quickly the RE-11A's aren't happy when it's cold and wet. :spin:

2003 Baja 5MT

Yesterday I used the washer fluid for the first time in months and probably for the 2nd time since owning the car this morning on the way to work. Once at work I noticed the droplets were an odd greenish color. Once I got home from work I popped open the lid and took a whiff, sure enough it was regular anti-freeze. I quickly removed the bottle poured out the anti-freeze and just replaced it with tap water.

2003 Baja 5MT

Chris, wah are you using for a seat belt? Harness? unfortuantely, the roll bar moved the seat forward about 3 inches again which is what I was afraid of. That was the whole reason for the extenders. Also the seat belt doesn't retract as easily so I may need to look into a harness, but I would have to use a 4 point.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww331/TonyHamre/Miata%2090/IMAG1446.jpg

The first shot shows the drivers seat headrest behind the top of the rollbar. Surely that is not a safe way to drive. Do competition rollbars necessarily drive the seats forward so your head won't hit it?

It's a bit of an optical illusion because of the sun angle, as the seat's not as far back as it looks. The seats are mounted to the floor to pass the 'broomstick' test, and I do run harnesses full time for safety. With the stock belts, I wouldn't be comfortable driving any Miata with a real roll bar. There's just not enough room to move the bar far enough from your head.