LegacyGT.com

Bought a Miata

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that I have a tow rig again, next year is a strong possibility for us. Need to get crackin' on the NA, though. The NC can't realistically meet the rollbar regs with the PRHT...

Maybe I'll come out to see you there! is the event free to spectate?

Just tell them you are a driver

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Track day was a great success. My last instructor recommend I move out of the novice group in the the slow intermediate group. I kinda forgot to start my gopro a lot so only have one full session recorded. I will upload them in the near future.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

How did you do? Times?

I need a track day at sonoma or laguna before rain starts or I have to wait until next may/june

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

How did you do? Times?

I need a track day at sonoma or laguna before rain starts or I have to wait until next may/june

I did well, continuously got faster throughout the day. I don't have a transponder so I have no idea what my lap times were, and being a relative noob it's probably best I don't pay attention to that.

My dad came with me and he's pushing me to go out again already lol.

2003 Baja 5MT

That is awesome!

I wish my dad did that (RIP) when he was alive.

Decided to clean up the engine bay the other night and it seems one of my coils didn't take it so well. Once it dried out it drove fine but I get a slight hesitation every so often. Fortunately 01-05 coil are fairly inexpensive to replace $90 for that pair, but I can't help but wonder of the money would be even better spent on Fab9 COP to replace the stock Semi-COP setup. $90 vs $300 though :spin:

2003 Baja 5MT

IIRC, the NB coils are not known for their reliabilty, so you might be better off just spending the $$ to fix it once.

It's the 99-00 coils which are notoriously weak, the 01-05 coils are much better. They are one coil on a plug with a small lead to the other cylinder. The $90 a pair ones are aftermarket, OEM is $100 each. :spin:

2003 Baja 5MT

Came home and removed the coil pack checked everything out and adjusted the tabs on the plug wire to #3 and #1. Then plugged everything in making sure it wasn't just something silly like a loose connection when I was cleaning. If that doesn't work I think I'll be going with the coils O'Rielly's has for $40 with a lifetime warranty. Just can't justify double or triple the price.

2003 Baja 5MT

I scored a soft top frame with new looking window seals from the JY today. Going to cannibalize the seals for my Snugtop, and the front bow for a Project G style bikini top for next summer. Not sure if I'm going to pay their (really high!) price, or try to have a local upholstery shop make something for me...

Tomorrow, I'm going to start sanding to get the Snugtop ready for paint... (ugh... I hate bodywork!)