LegacyGT.com

Bought a Miata

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, prices on hard tops are just nuts. I really only wanted it for track use, and was thinking seriously about the Treasure Coast top, but I'll have less $$ in this, even after paint. Hardest part will be working out new rubber for the door and rear windows since Snugtop doesn't make them anymore.

Planning to go red, and probably going to DIY. I did the passenger door when I first got the car, as it had a dinner plate sized dent. I scored a straight door from the JY, took it down to metal and sprayed it in the garage. Top should be pretty easy by comparison. Just needs a little putty on a couple of chipped spots, primer and color.

Before:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Miata/Olddoor1.jpg

After:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Miata/NewDoor1.jpg

Yeah, seats in a Miata are pretty much a PITA no matter what you choose. Except the Marrad seats, which are seriously over priced.

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MLX1

I don't think it's that crazy of a price, sure the slide is expensive but for complete bolt in with a drop in seating position it's okay.

You might be getting the two red cars confused. I didn't have to cut into the transmission tunnel to install my seat. Just drilled 2 holes on the rail and install.

Oh lol I was confused. How's the seat travel?

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I don't think it's that crazy of a price, sure the slide is expensive but for complete bolt in with a drop in seating position it's okay.

It's a molded fiberglass seat with quality equivalent to what's coming out of China for ~$250-300/pair (like the Bride reps). I've seen them in person, and they're comfortable, but not worth $500/seat. If they were ~$800/pair with the sliders I would probably already own a set.

I think each one has it's highs and lows, mostly highs. You won't see pop up headlights anymore as federal pedestrian standards won't allow for it anymore. Those square pop up lights could do some real damage to someone walking on the street.

BTW --- I can't believe how hard it was to get the correct clutch for my 06 SpecB... Three (3)... yes three web site screwed it up sent me a clutch that fit an I don't know what... Finally went over to my local Subaru dealer and got another stock clutch... Flywheel looks good just a bit of glaze with that came off with brake cleaner and fine bit sand paper. I wanted something better for my stage 2 set-up but I'm just tired and need the car back on the road come bad weather time. The NA goes in for a new top as the 23 year old one is no longer h20 tight... I was going to do it myself but it looks a bit complicated for me.

The NA goes in for a new top as the 23 year old one is no longer h20 tight... I was going to do it myself but it looks a bit complicated for me.

Sometimes it isn't the top but the weather stripping. It becomes less responsive and allows movement and lack of pressure on the window letting rain and water in.

I did mine on my old 90 Miata. It is not difficult, but it is time consuming and fiddly. Just take your time and be careful with all the hardware.

It looks time consuming and with four kids and coaching football time is valuable... However... My 2000 needs a new top too, that's my winter garage project. And it will get my boys in front of some tools after football is done. :)

• I Donated
It looks time consuming and with four kids and coaching football time is valuable... However... My 2000 needs a new top too, that's my winter garage project. And it will get my boys in front of some tools after football is done. :)

s2000 top was easy! I did mine in about 6.5 hours with a friend, counting an hour break for lunch/beer. There are a couple awesome write-ups on s2ki, definitely recommend doing it yourself.