LegacyGT.com

Bolt up turbocharger upgrade - Vol-2

• I Donated
The double banjo bolts are custom made and then cadmium plated.

Possibly my favorite part of the kit, BTW. I had the FP line before the IP&T line, and their AVCS-to-line banjo permanently dented the stock after-MAF hose on my 05. I have every reason to believe that it would have worn through eventually. No such problem on my Spec.B with the double banjo.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys so I'm trying to buy the 16g asap as I'm driving my car with a pretty much blown turbo..need the oil lines and infamous said they would be out of stock until January, anywhere else I could get one of these? I tried searching but infamous is the only place I found that sells the ip&t. Any others? Thanx

• Moderators

Mike, what about doing an advance purchase group-buy of sorts? Could end up keeping the costs down a bit (although it seems that they need to go up a bit no matter what!) and would provide some of the cash flow needed to get things back in production.

It's funny, I've held two of these in my hands and sold both to other members--one who was sitting on a BNR turbo and unable to install it without the line--thinking I would just pick one up when you had them in stock next, lol. Whoops!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Hey guys so I'm trying to buy the 16g asap as I'm driving my car with a pretty much blown turbo..need the oil lines and infamous said they would be out of stock until January, anywhere else I could get one of these? I tried searching but infamous is the only place I found that sells the ip&t. Any others? Thanx

Sounds like you might be in the market for a new short block too of you keep it up....

^This. That's balancing precariously on the edge of destruction, with a blown turbo pushing bits of everything into the downstream oil supply. Your engine is not going to last very long with bits of metal in it's main bearings.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Oh Boy

Hell it doesn't sound or act blown..got the po0021 and flushed the oil as soon as I saw it. It drives fine, hits full boost if i want it to but i been staying out of boost since then.. Only thing I notice now is burning oil smell having to add oil alot but I havnt even noticed that after driving a few days. It's our only car, gf totaled hers recently.. I just need to know where to buy an oil line..

Hell it doesn't sound or act blown..got the po0021 and flushed the oil as soon as I saw it. It drives fine, hits full boost if i want it to but i been staying out of boost since then.. Only thing I notice now is burning oil smell having to add oil alot but I havnt even noticed that after driving a few days. It's our only car, gf totaled hers recently.. I just need to know where to buy an oil line..

P0021 is usually due to an Oil Control Valve failure or it sticking. If the OCV is on the fritz, maybe the oil flush cleared it out, maybe not. I'm still an amateur here, so I'll let others comment, but I'm pretty sure they're right that you shouldn't be driving. If you're going to continue driving, you probably want to at least pull and clean the OCV, or better yet, replace it.

Other companies sell filtered (edit:not filtered, see next comment) oil line kits. IAG Performance, Fast Motorsports, and P&L Motorsports all have kits branded as their own. IP&T is the only kit that gets mentioned around here, probably because M Sprank is such an active part of the Legacy community, and people like to support him. I haven't really seen any reviews of the kits from those other guys. IAG is very well regarded, so I'm assuming it's quality - I can't imagine them installing something that's going to starve the turbos they install.

Edited by stm25rs

• I Donated
Other companies sell filtered oil line kits. IAG Performance, Fast Motorsports, and P&L Motorsports all have kits branded as their own. IP&T is the only kit that gets mentioned around here, probably because M Sprank is such an active part of the Legacy community, and people like to support him. I haven't really seen any reviews of the kits from those other guys. IAG is very well regarded, so I'm assuming it's quality - I can't imagine them installing something that's going to starve the turbos they install.

The IAG, FMS, and P&L kits are unfiltered. The whole point of the consternation about the fact that the IP&T oil like kit is no longer offered is that Bryan requires that BNR turbos be used with a filtered oil line in order to honor the warranty.

I wonder sense the IP&T oil like kit is no longer offered. If Bryan honor his warranty using, AMSIOL General Use Dual Remote Oil Bypass Unit Oil System. Like I install back in 2007. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/get-your-oil-filtration-down-2-microns-81741.html

Back in 2007 is cost about $250, now it's over $270.

Or just change his warranty policy.

Still running the original AVCS, Motor & Turbo. Detail in sig. below.:cool:

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Thanx for mentioning those I will look into them.. I found some fp on their website but there are so many idk which one. I guess u have to buy the line and filter seperate. I did clean the passenger ocv with the oil change, it was like if was siezed up but moves freely after cleaning. It had been 5k since oil change and wAs low on oil

Glad to have picked up my filter kit a while back... I'm thinking Thursday I'll blow the car apart again and get the new turbo and old gutted up pipe in service.

This forum has been awsome finding you guys and learning so much about this car. Infamous Performance, BNR and Cryo have been a pleasure to do buisness with.

FWIW, I run the ForcedPerformance oil line. It was the one Bryan recommended when I got my turbo. About two weeks after I installed the FP line the Infamous Line was announced. I have ~35k miles without issue. Maybe tomorrow it will be a problem, but who knows...
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I wonder sense the IP&T oil like kit is no longer offered. If Bryan honor his warranty using, AMSIOL General Use Dual Remote Oil Bypass Unit Oil System. Like I install back in 2007. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/get-your-oil-filtration-down-2-microns-81741.html

Back in 2007 is cost about $250, now it's over $270.

Or just change his warranty policy.

Still running the original AVCS, Motor & Turbo. Detail in sig. below.:cool:

You and your stupidly awesome, huge dual filtered setup... ;-)

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Trying to work out a wholesale deal with a local turbo retailer who sells several hundred Subaru replacement turbos per year. If they are wiling to buy 50-100 sets and pay up front than I can have more made now.

Mike,

Shoot me an e-mail, we would definitely pre purchase at least 10 sets.

-mike