LegacyGT.com

Bolt up turbocharger upgrade - Vol-2

• I Donated
I am currently using an 18g and an upgraded intercooler IS needed for safety and consistency, not to mention that a stock intercooler would not last very long.

Now that the BP mod is readily available, I disagree. But I do think it would be a bottleneck. Heck, it's a bottleneck on my 16G, just less of one.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can owning a Subaru. :)

You are correct. Luckly I have had the self restraint to leave the wifes 13fxt alone and its got almost 10k now!

dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to gauge interest here - since the new BNR housings have 1/4" barb fittings, I've been thinking about offerring 1/4" barbed EBCS fittings to match. You would be able to run reducer-free to both turbo fittings and the intake fitting.

Don't want to hijack this thread, so just like this post if it's something you'd be interested in. Thanks! :D

1/4" EBCS fittings are available now!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/subaru-blue-tee-replacement-218783.html?p=4680961

http://i.imgur.com/WCOG1Ua.jpg

Thanks for your interest guys. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I am looking at, please let me know if there is anything missing. For reference, I have a built engine (done by Forman, forged pistons, upgraded STi crank) on a 07 Spec B. I have ELH, Catless UP and DP, stock exhaust. My current tune puts me at about 263 whp (tuned by Church on pump gas)

While e85 seems to be somewhat available to me here in Orange County, I will stick with pump gas for now.

BNR 18g

DW65C Fuel Pump

DW Injectors (850 or 750??)

Infamous Oil Line

TMIC (I will hopefully be able to hold out for the Grimmspeed model to become available)

Retune

Anything seem to be missing that I am not thinking of? This is a DD and as much as I would love to get it on the track, will likely never see track time.

Thanks!

Looks like a pretty solid plan. You might want to check out ID1000 injectors - I know I would've if my car was top feed. Everyone seems to love them and that would give you plenty of room to grow and/or try E85.

You might also consider rewiring the fuel pump for better voltage: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/upgrading-your-fuel-pump-wiring-4th-gen-213570.html

I second ID1000's awesome injectors. Drive just as good as the 750's and same price so no reason not to go with the 1000's.

I have them in my S2000 for the last 65-70k miles and drives better than stock with my tune.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

I second ID1000's awesome injectors. Drive just as good as the 750's and same price so no reason not to go with the 1000's.

I have them in my S2000 for the last 65-70k miles and drives better than stock with my tune.

If you have to do a SF to TF conversion, the price is not the same once you figure in the conversion parts needed.

If you have to do a SF to TF conversion, the price is not the same once you figure in the conversion parts needed.

Not to mention the core refund that DW will provide. Most forget about that. If you have stock injectors and are upgrading, then DW will pay you for the stockers. ID wont. ID are good injectors. So are DW.

Not to mention the core refund that DW will provide. Most forget about that. If you have stock injectors and are upgrading, then DW will pay you for the stockers. ID wont. ID are good injectors. So are DW.

We have a local tuner who hates hates hates dw. Not sure why tho.

How much is the core refund on the dw? I'm looking at buying some myself, they're just so freakin expensive.

They have a rebate form on their website that lists the type of injector that they take (year, type) and how much they'll give you for them.

I'm looking at the AVO 550 for its ease of use in the swap-in department.

I'm currently running the AVO 380 and now have the motor built to handle more.

What other turbo options would align with the 550 in terms of power and simple install?

xxoo

spit

They have a rebate form on their website that lists the type of injector that they take (year, type) and how much they'll give you for them.

$40 rebate for each injector not bad.. I think I can finally get everything I need to finish my setup. What about a wideband o2, is that really necessary for new injectors? I'm really lost on the wideband not sure what I need, anyone have a link to a good cheap one that would suffice?

Go with AEM or Innovate for the wideband gauge. We carry both if interested in a quote.

I run AEM widebands in both of my cars. Analog in the legacy and digital in my S2000. Both work great.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!