LegacyGT.com

Bolt up turbocharger upgrade - Vol-2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
On my next batch of barb fittings, I will put a restrictor in the compressor housing barb so you don't have to reuse the stock T fitting.

If I'm reading this right, please don't do it. It would interfere with the use of most 3-port EBCSes, as they eliminate the restrictor pill.

No. We had to increase the price to cover the increased production costs. After looking at the pricing of available "alternatives" our prices had stayed too low for too long. Even the old FP line (non-filtered) is over $100 now. It was $80 when we started selling our kit.

Standard kit is $200 plus shipping.

I have never been a fan. No scientific test. But the stuff looks, and smells like used oil. It is way over priced as well.

We recommend Rotella T-6 5W40 for all Subies. An upgrade to that would be Motul X-Cess 5W40. These are the two oils we use at the shop (unless race car, then we tend to use 20W50).

We recommend Rotella T-6 5W40 for all Subies. An upgrade to that would be Motul X-Cess 5W40.

Doesn't Subaru recommend 5w30? Why the switch to 5w40 (is this based on your socal climate)?

For reference I have always used: Motul 8100 Eco-nergy Synthetic Oil 5W30

Doesn't Subaru recommend 5w30? Why the switch to 5w40 (is this based on your socal climate)?

For reference I have always used: Motul 8100 Eco-nergy Synthetic Oil 5W30

Because Rotella only comes in 5W40.

Because Motul 8100 X-cess only comes in 5W40. X-cess is better oil than Eco-nergy.

I have used these oils from NYC to SoCal. I have also verified my findings on oil with other performance shops coast to coast. Rotella T-6 is by FAR the #1 recommended oil for Subie enthusiasts. It is cheaper and more readily available than anything else that works as well.

Difference between 5W30 and 5W40 is not going to cause any excess wear or negative effect on your car.

Well we found out the timing belt jumped and tensioner is bad. So those are being replaced. thought it was a missing grounding strap, but after replacing it the problem persisted. Just didn't want to believe the Timing belt was it, knowing we would need to disassemble a lot of what we had just pout together. The Belt and tensioner were both changed at 110K

on to more turbo talk.

not set just yet to buy but definitely looking at a bnr 18g for my 05 obxt. how detrimental would it be to run this setup on stock intercooler? i understand higher boost bullet proof all that. but would the flow/cooling efficiency be harmful or could i get away with it for a while? i wouldnt be looking at finding max power out of it since im at 115k miles, but more good power at very safe levels. i will obviously upgrade the intercooler asap but its kind of 1 piece at a time and who can sit there with a kick a$$ turbo on the shelf and not wanna slap it on?!!?!?!?!

I have tuned a few 18g's on the stock ic and I really suggest upgrading as it becomes a bottleneck imo. It works but should only be used for temporary means.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

on to more turbo talk.

not set just yet to buy but definitely looking at a bnr 18g for my 05 obxt. how detrimental would it be to run this setup on stock intercooler? i understand higher boost bullet proof all that. but would the flow/cooling efficiency be harmful or could i get away with it for a while? i wouldnt be looking at finding max power out of it since im at 115k miles, but more good power at very safe levels. i will obviously upgrade the intercooler asap but its kind of 1 piece at a time and who can sit there with a kick a$$ turbo on the shelf and not wanna slap it on?!!?!?!?!

So you are going to have it tuned twice ?

thats where the question came from. essentially wondering how different the tune would be with and without intercooler upgrade. im all about just saving my money and trying to do things once so i might just have to suffer and wait it out until i can get a new intercooler to go along with the turbo.

thanks for the info.

• I Donated
thats where the question came from. essentially wondering how different the tune would be with and without intercooler upgrade. im all about just saving my money and trying to do things once so i might just have to suffer and wait it out until i can get a new intercooler to go along with the turbo.

thanks for the info.

That is a different question than you asked.

Yes, an intercooler upgrade would change the tune significantly. You would need to get a retune.

thanks for the info.

That is a different question than you asked.

Yes, an intercooler upgrade would change the tune significantly. You would need to get a retune.

That is why I asked the question. If it were me, I would make sure all my upgrades were in place before tuning the car. I am currently using an 18g and an upgraded intercooler IS needed for safety and consistency, not to mention that a stock intercooler would not last very long.