LegacyGT.com

What would you guys like next?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bryan, HKS actually has an ssqv bov kit for the car. It locates the bov to the side of the pipe near the abs. Granted, tthe ssqv is oriented different, but it may work.

Now I just have to find hose that will reach.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I know it's been mentioned before in this thread, and obviously Bryan is hard at work on the charge pipe right now... but is there any hope for a lightweight crank pulley down the line on your end, Bryan? There was a list of 30 interested LGT owners, but our initial foray (with Unorthodox Racing) seems to be fizzling due to a combination of a poorly worded "contract" with UR, and some owners that get scurred when actual money is brought up... Any chance you can swoop in and save the day?! :)

I will check with some of my contacts to see what I can do. I'm not making any promises but, I will see what I can do. What was the price point that scared everyone off?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I will check with some of my contacts to see what I can do. I'm not making any promises but, I will see what I can do. What was the price point that scared everyone off?

THANKS so much for looking into it Bryan! No promises necessary, but figured it was worth asking, as you've already proved to be such a valuable resource for us!

It wasn't so much the price point that scared people off... but the language of the contract they wanted people to sign. Basically they said after they got 30 signed contracts, they were going to take a $100 deposit from each person for the R&D... after that they would determine IF they could make it, and decide on the final price later (aiming for $200 initial group buy, $250 retail after that), but they wouldn't commit to even making it, and people were concerned they'd lose the $100 deposit, and have nothing in return (or have an overpriced product made that wasn't worth it). UR was basically trying to cover their a$$ and make sure they didn't lose out, but they were making us take all the risk, with no "guarantees" on our return... Here's the actual discussions, in case you want to check it out:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/crank-pulley-188600.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gb-unorthodox-racing-crankshaft-pulley-usdm-5th-gen-204179p5.html

THANKS so much for looking into it Bryan! No promises necessary, but figured it was worth asking, as you've already proved to be such a valuable resource for us!

It wasn't so much the price point that scared people off... but the language of the contract they wanted people to sign. Basically they said after they got 30 signed contracts, they were going to take a $100 deposit from each person for the R&D... after that they would determine IF they could make it, and decide on the final price later (aiming for $200 initial group buy, $250 retail after that), but they wouldn't commit to even making it, and people were concerned they'd lose the $100 deposit, and have nothing in return (or have an overpriced product made that wasn't worth it). UR was basically trying to cover their a$$ and make sure they didn't lose out, but they were making us take all the risk, with no "guarantees" on our return... Here's the actual discussions, in case you want to check it out:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/crank-pulley-188600.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gb-unorthodox-racing-crankshaft-pulley-usdm-5th-gen-204179p5.html

So, you mean they didn't want to stick out their neck like I did with my TMIC, FMIC and charge pipe. ;-) Lol. Like said I will look into it. Bryan

So, you mean they didn't want to stick out their neck like I did with my TMIC, FMIC and charge pipe. ;-) Lol. Like said I will look into it. Bryan

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! In addition to asking for $100 deposits on what might turn out to be a "no go"... Which was why I came to you, as you've been awesome for us so far! Thanks for looking into it! :wub:

How a PS fluid cooler kit? Lots of GH/GR guys have broken pumps after increasing caster via offset bushings.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

How a PS fluid cooler kit? Lots of GH/GR guys have broken pumps after increasing caster via offset bushings.

Oh really?

Crap lol. I have caster increasing offset front lower control arm bushings waiting around for install.

Probably more common on the 3G Imprezas which already have a lot more caster than previous platforms. I put some offset bushings on mine and the PS was crying within a week, overheating fluid etc. I put some zero offset bushings on, got the pump replaced, and no recurrence. A lot of the GRB guys run aftermarket coolers or parts from earlier cars.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Bump for update on Charge Pipe. One thing at a time.

Yes I second this. Looks like I'll be upgrading to a 20G within the next month or two. A charge pipe that stays together would be awesome.

I spoke with SamcoSport on this, they should be correcting their website shortly. He is with the race bike side.

Email Quote from them:

"I asked our engineers in Wales this morning and our mistake listing as non-turbo which we’re correcting now.

Attached is the Application list I have and here’s what it says:

Samco Induction hose kit # TCS 516/IND Legacy BR9/BM9 2.5L Turbo (Man. Trans) 2 hoses

Price $170.19

Samco Clamp kit # CK 516/IND Samco full stainless steel clamps, smooth bore with rolled edges

Price $26.57

FedEx Priority $30.00 1-2 day International Priority from the UK (cheapest and quickest) If you’re having trouble finding a Samco dealer and you’d like to order this kit I can assist you.

Best regards,

Scott Bolton

scott@samcosportusa.com

samcosportusa.com"

Like I said, the rest of the world lists that part number for the turbo model. The USA site is wrong.

Unfortunately from that photo it does look like it's just smoothing out the bits before the turbo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LegacyGT/samcoLGT.jpg

looks like it replaces 13 and 15

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LegacyGT/airboxdiag.jpg

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

On aircraft ECS, we usually use flow liners in these expansion joints and still pick up a pressure loss through them at higher flows; without the liners the flow loss is more through the joint. Of course, we are also probably running closer to turbulent / laminar flow margins. In the automotive industry where cost is king, they likely do not have the liners. There will be an improvement in flow performance (maximum of a few percent) into the compressor at high flows. However, what I specifically do not like is that second joint in part #15, your free stream air jogs slightly and has the potential to hit the first vertical wall of the expansion joint at a right angle or close to a right angle. (assumes an 'accurate' cartoon) Result is a stagnation point and possibly some local recirculation. The recirculation will drive a larger boundary layer thickness, lowering the inlet velocity / pressure into the compressor. So, long story short, there will likely be a difference, albeit a few percent at high flows, which you will likely not notice.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

UPDATE: : It's got the revised production parts that are ready for test fit. As you can see it is now 3 parts for easier install and I added back the BOV flange in stock location. If everything lines up I will start production. I hope to have them ready to ship in a month or so. Bryan

1780404585___5.thumb.jpg.74871024fe94e4ebbe190570b1d0b761.jpg

1181690244___4(1)22.thumb.jpg.af844a79391c28fc9bf2fe0a119503bf.jpg

Archived