LegacyGT.com

What would you guys like next?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm trying to get an ideal on how many people want a charge pipe and if stock location is ok. I have a stock charge pipe for the mock up.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

If there was to make the valve more accessible I'd say go for it.

The real question is what kind of flange to use? Would you use something like the stock 34mm outlet or something else?

Other interesting thing you see a lot of the BMW/N54 charge pipe manufacturers doing is offering meth bungs as an option on their charge pipes. Might be a bit far fetched for some people around here but some may like it.

If there was to make the valve more accessible I'd say go for it.

The real question is what kind of flange to use? Would you use something like the stock 34mm outlet or something else?

should keep the stock flange. There are tons of aftermarket BVs that fit.

Other interesting thing you see a lot of the BMW/N54 charge pipe manufacturers doing is offering meth bungs as an option on their charge pipes.

I like the way you think.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

After reading a little bit online, the charge pipe, pre-intercooler, may not be the best place to locate the a water/meth injector nozzle for those of you in climates experiencing freezing temperatures often.

But including a bung as an option is a great idea Blizz, assuming its not going to increase cost significantly.

Any idea if you are going to stick with stock location or relocated BPV? I found a great deal on the TurboSmart Kompact BPV and I want to get it (or the 50/50 with blanking plug for about $50 more), but if your relocated design includes a bolt up manifold for the BPV, this wont work.

This is the full-recirc BPV without the option for the 50/50 with blanking plug.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbosmart-KOMPACT-34mm-universal-turbo-BPV-BOV-RBV-turbo-bypass-valve-T3-T4-/150984540452?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item2327614124&vxp=mtr

Since I'll be adding your TMIC in the Spring, I'm very interested in any of these pipes/valves that allow for better breathing and/or better reliability! I am just learning about all this, so I'll defer to these other guys for BPV locations, etc... I'm just along for the (fast) ride! :)

I need you guys help. I need to know how much space is between the motor and the flat spot on the back of the charge pipe near the bend. That is my only hold up to making a prototype. Thanks Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived