LegacyGT.com

What would you guys like next?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CAI and silicone hoses sound good to me (would order them today) but it will probably be too late by the time you have them available.

p.s. - Did my TMIC get back from coating yet? :)

Check your pm. Yours shipped today and I have 3more coated TMIC in stock now.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Steering rack bushings and hardened engine mounts ;)
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

CAI... no one makes one for us because it's completely pointless.

Fixed. ;)

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Fixed. ;)

I dunno if I'd go as far as completely pointless. But the R&D to get an intake with proper MAF scaling is going to be a pain in the ass. If the flow over the MAF sensor isn't smooth, it'll screw up the readings.

After getting rid of my MAF and going Speed Density, I do like the sounds my intake makes, but it didn't add any power on the dyno.

From the recent posts from islandborn's build thread, the pipe from TMIC to turbo, and option with bov, should be hi on the list....

Ok, I have had request for the turbo to TMIC piping. I don't know if it will really improve performance. A bigger pipe may be able to handle more volume but, will the stock turbo able to keep up the pressure (psi)? I will have to do research. Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

If only the charge pipe were replaced from stock turbo to TMIC, would it be necessary to tune?

No. How air flows post-turbo doesn't affect the intake or how it's scaled.

Ok, I have had request for the turbo to TMIC piping. I don't know if it will really improve performance. A bigger pipe may be able to handle more volume but, will the stock turbo able to keep up the pressure (psi)? I will have to do research. Bryan

The kit I posted earlier was made in response to people blowing the stock charge pipe from boost they were running on the stock turbo. I just don't what actual boost pressure they were running. I've tuned literally dozens of '10~'12 cars to stg2 running at up to 19psi peak and never had one (pipe) pop.

The kit I posted earlier was made in response to people blowing the stock charge pipe from boost they were running on the stock turbo. I just don't what actual boost pressure they were running. I've tuned literally dozens of '10~'12 cars to stg2 running at up to 19psi peak and never had one (pipe) pop.

It must have been mine then... however, I still like the idea of cosmetic addition (plus the added strength :)) that a beautiful chrome/colored pipe would do to his great TMIC.

I just don't know what boost the cars were running that popped the charge pipes, as I didn't tune them... I've seen the burst parts though, so I know it happens. It may be there are some manufacturing tolerances at play here, as in the intercoolers. Notice how some people can run for years at 18 or 19psi without the end-tanks popping off while others blow shortly after stage1 and 16 or 17psi?

How about one that'll work with the Cobb XLE?

My vote is for an intake and charge pipe combo?

Make it happen Bryan!!

yes, sir!:lol: I will start working on it. I have a stock charge pipe here now. Once I make a prototype I'm going to need a test car.

Just throwing it out there, but there are already a bunch of BOV's that'd work with the factory BPV flange. So if someone wanted the charge pipe with the stockish flange they could stick with the OEM one or they could go aftermarket if their heart desires.

My worry about adding a second flange is that you'd need a block off plate for whichever flange you aren't using.

Just throwing it out there, but there are already a bunch of BOV's that'd work with the factory BPV flange. So if someone wanted the charge pipe with the stockish flange they could stick with the OEM one or they could go aftermarket if their heart desires.

My worry about adding a second flange is that you'd need a block off plate for whichever flange you aren't using.

True. I will stick with stock.

Archived