LegacyGT.com

What would you guys like next?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's wrong with the TMIC to throttle body hose. It might not great but, it works.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

What's wrong with the TMIC to throttle body hose. It might not great but, it works.

Your lovely TMIC is sits off-center with the original hose---slightly to the passenger side of the car.

Could be a bit longer to make for a better fit. I'd say 1/2" or 3/4" longer.

...and jog slightly more to the right (forward looking aft).

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

After seeing. the picture of AVO's FMIC on a non USDM car I'm not sure someone could make one without cutting/modifying involved.

Thanks another reason I made the TMIC first. It's very tight. But, I had an idea on how to do it. I haven't seen anyone max my TMIC yet and a big demand for a FMIC.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 2 weeks later...
I have just wanted to check with you guys. Would everyone like to have the BOV in the stock location? Some have asked about moving it farther for easier access. But, you will have to get a new return hose. Let me know because I want to get started. Also I can get a discount on aftermarket BOVs for 2010+ LGT. Bryan

I think that would be awesome if it was more accessable. You can swap it easier, and pressure test them far easier. Our stock is soooo far hidden since its next to the turbo. The small distance wouldn't even make a bit of difference. Stay with the stock flange as there are many aftermarket bvs that will attach. (We are the same as the evox). TMIC plus this charge pipe with the relocated bv - great combo IMO.

TMIC to Throttle Body!

Could be a bit longer to make for a better fit. I'd say 1/2".

Bryan,

Please seriously consider developing a longer TMIC to Throttle Body hose. I had to fight that OEM biaa-tch again last night.

If it was 1/4" longer on each side (1/2" overall) it would work so much better, and allow the hose clamps a better bite for a secure coupling, especially when running increased boost levels. As it is, I have to "cheat" the hose position 1/4" on either side to get proper fitment of your TMIC.

^ I love that idea. So based off bigbopper's and others, a "delux" package from you would come with your TMIC, charge pipe with relocated BV flange, tube extender for the BV, and a longer cut throttle hose. For those that have your TMIC - we buy the accessory kit separate..... And I want to be the first one!!!!! :)

Bryan,

Please seriously consider developing a longer TMIC to Throttle Body hose. I had to fight that OEM biaa-cth again last night.

If it was 1/4" longer on each side (1/2" overall) it would work so much better, and allow the hose clamps a better bite for a secure coupling, especially when running increased boost levels. As it is, I have to "cheat" the hose position 1/4" on either side to get proper fitment of your TMIC.

Since my build is looking fairly similar to BB's I'm going to have to second whatever he says as I'll be running into the same issues come April/May when I do my turbo swap.

I'm having trouble finding a '10+ LGT at the dealer. Can someone send or post me a picture of the hose that runs from the BOV to the intake while it's on the car. I want to get an ideal of where to relocate the BOV. Thanks

I'm having trouble finding a '10+ LGT at the dealer. Can someone send or post me a picture of the hose that runs from the BOV to the intake while it's on the car. I want to get an ideal of where to relocate the BOV. Thanks

It's difficult to get a good picture of the BPV while it's on the car. I can post a few pics for reference, that hopefully will be beneficial.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/BPV_sketch_zps6eeec797.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/P1010005.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/P1010001-4_zps4d6c1844.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/P1010004-3_zpse4066429.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/P1010004-4.jpg

Archived