LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your non-Legacy today?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I buffed out the yellow/hazed headlights on my my daughters mothers car, a 2008 Camry CE. I used the Meguiar's headlight restore kit. At the end of the process, you are supposed to apply a UV coating over the headlight to help keep it staying clear. I ended up doing that process to just one of the front headlights. On the other headlight, I applied clear coat paint to the plastic instead of the UV coating.

The end result of the clear coat, it works well to keep it glossy and shiney just like the other headlight. I do need to go back over it to wet sand it down and then polish it to eliminate the orange peel effect from the spray can. I decided to give the clear coat paint a try vs the UV polish/coating application in hopes that the clear coat paint will help keep the headlights look clear longer.

• 1 month later...

Stared at it in the garage, hasn't been driven in about 2 weeks on account of ice and snow.

Figures that the winter I buy a 415hp RWD sport sedan, that it would snow on a semi regular basis and stay cold enough for it to stick around.

Stared at it in the garage, hasn't been driven in about 2 weeks on account of ice and snow.

Figures that the winter I buy a 415hp RWD sport sedan, that it would snow on a semi regular basis and stay cold enough for it to stick around.

I bought a car with more HP and beat tires that I can't drive until I get new tires. They have been on national back order for months and we haven't had any snow but one day with a inch or two. Oh well

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Summer tires suck on dry pavement in cold temps too, but the car is drivable still.

I am tempted to get a blower kit for that LS3, because awesome. Can't really justify it though.

yea I put the car away after temps got below 40 degrees because it was just bad :lol:

yes do eeet buy a blower kit!! i haz one ;)

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

They're cheap on eBay. Just buy a ZL1 blower that was part of the recall. Send it in to get the bearings serviced, and get the blower ported while it's there...because awesome, then buy all the GM parts needed to do conversion. After about 2009 LS3 and LSA/LS9 blocks are all the same casting so all the needed reinforcements are there already.

Just can't blow big boost due to non forged pistons and rods. From what I gather 7-8 PSI is safe though, and still makes for nice meaty gains.

They're cheap on eBay. Just buy a ZL1 blower that was part of the recall. Send it in to get the bearings serviced, and get the blower ported while it's there...because awesome, then buy all the GM parts needed to do conversion. After about 2009 LS3 and LSA/LS9 blocks are all the same casting so all the needed reinforcements are there already.

Just can't blow big boost due to non forged pistons and rods. From what I gather 7-8 PSI is safe though, and still makes for nice meaty gains.

most (normally modded) V guys do the ZL1 lid, port the stock blower, get headers, icebox, injectors, pulley kit and a tune (plus or minus a few mods). and you are talking 6-700whp. I on the other hand dont have that kind of coin to mod this car so I am just making it look pretty as its fast enough for me right now. Mods for this car are in a whole different league than Subaru that is for damn sure :lol:

They then do slicks or mickey thompsons in the rears with 17" weld wheels.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

• 5 months later...

Dropping the supra off on Friday for a cometic metal head gasket, arp head bolts, timing belt, water pump, etc.

so far I've replaced the driveshaft with a 1 piece, and installed the coilovers and adjusted their height. Still need to come down a hair in the rear, maybe a 1/4 inch.

trying to get it sorted before Supras in Vegas.

I could suck start a snow blower.

• 1 month later...

Archived