LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your non-Legacy today?

FML. The job for the day was to replace a bad wheel hub. I went to pull the parts off and when I got to the axle nut I noticed it wasn't a normal 6point that I was used to. It was a 30mm 12point... sigh. I buttoned everything back up and headed to Sears.

I get back home and started to tear her back down and I couldn't find the wheel lock key! I realized that I think I left it on the wheel when I drove off to the store :lol: I put the tools away and called McGard for two replacement keys. I'm going to keep one in the tool box and one in the car.

I did manage to get some work done and replaced a door trim piece...

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The things I'm replacing have only been due to accidental damage. Replacing the dampeners at 70,000 I'd say are normal wear and tear for a lowered car :) This car would last forever.

Navi screen - Accidental damage

Right Front Hub - Accidental damage from hitting a curb

Trim Piece - Someone did accidental damage

Did you put larger/heavier wheels on it, too? I'm curious about the MPG change from lowering and changing the wheels on my mazda. Have you noticed any difference?

Lowering it = No effect on MPG

Upgrading to 18" = General rule of thumb is that you'll lose up to 4mpg on a Prius.

For the 18's that I threw on, I didn't bother swapping out the tires they came with because I wanted to see what the wheels looked like on the car. The Rota G-Forces are 18x8.5 and had 245/40/18 tires. Those tires were WAAY too wide. I probably saw a loss of 6-8mpg comparing to the OE 17 (215/45/17). I drove them this way for approx 5,000 before taking them off.

I now have a new set of 18's which are lighter (18lbs), and plan to run a better tire for the application (215/40/18 or 225/40/18). I'm really eager to get these new 18's on and see how much loss I have.

Can you post a pic of your Prius? Wondering what this looks like and contemplating going Racecar Edition too! :cool:

Lowered with Rota G-Forces

2011-07-02%2019.43.16.jpg

Lowered w/ OE 17" wheels. I now have 5mm spacers on the rear to bring the wheels out to fender a bit more.

IMG_4873.JPG

New Wheels, Forgestar F14s, I have these in the basement waiting to be put on.

1000004218.JPG

Should look more like this when I'm done. I have JDM tails and turn signal mirrors waiting to get mounted on as well.

IMG_4495.JPG

Got a set of winter wheels and tires for the STi from a member on another forum! $500, practically brand new Dunlop snowies, and a set of ASA wheels. They are 17's, and just make it around the front calipers. They don't have TPMS in them, but for that price, who cares??

Starter painted my FD wheels with duplicolor gunmetal wheel paint. The pic is before I applied the clear coat, so they're a bit shinier now. 2 down, 2 to go.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/TRSCobra/20130227_185318_zps8d09d091.jpg

Finally got these bad boys finished.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/TRSCobra/20130305_144127_zps62f95e57.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/TRSCobra/20130305_145858_zpse92d12a1.jpg

Nope, 4wd with a 5.7 HEMI in NJ you need an awd or 4wd where I live. :lol:

I lived in NEPA for 23 years, so I know about the snow. Just looks really low in the front for a 4wd. I don't blame you for wanting a lift kit!:)

Yes for some odd reason the newer body Ram is hunched down in the front. I had the same look with my early VW's. they make several ways in which to either remove the rake, or lift the entire truck. My friend who has the exact same truck only in black has a full on lift. His towers over mine which is ironic as I am 6"2 and he is 5"5. So naturally people when we are out assume that his truck is mine and visa versa. My wife is 5"2 so I don't/need anything too extreme or I will have to toss her into the truck every time that we go out lol.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived