LegacyGT.com

Installed Full Set of WRX pedals and deadpedal...Lot 'o Pics

GranTourer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The dead pedal came off easy enough after cuting through some glue between it and the carpet. I used some spray glue before putting the new one on and reused the original plastic "screws/rivets" to secure it.

I'm going to install these pedals tonight and I wonder what kind of spray glue I could use for the dead pedal? Is glue really needed?

I found if using just the push pins, there was still some play in the dead pedal. I used some gurilla glue from home depot. Now its as solid as the pedal from the factory.

I ordered my deadpedal from AutoSpeed last Saturday, but haven't heard a peep from them re: my order status. How long does it usually take them to process/ship orders?

GranTourer, I'm not too far from you, so how long did it take for you?

Here is the Dead pedal and other pedals and aluminum shift knob.

I used Gorilla Glue to attach it to the carpet. Getting the stock one off took a little work and a good knife.

The New Dead Pedal is bigger, and feels much better then the stock thing.

Well worth the money.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-Car-WRXpedals-s.jpg

Had the dealer do the 3 main pedals as part of the deal to buy the car, I did the dead pedal.

The shift height is actually good for me, but the throw length is a little long.

Looking and a Kartboy STS and bushings.

I still haven't been able to get the pin out of the gas pedal. The brake, clutch and dead pedal took about 5 minutes combined. That gas pedal has been a biatch for a month now. Grrrrrr....

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I still haven't been able to get the pin out of the gas pedal. The brake, clutch and dead pedal took about 5 minutes combined. That gas pedal has been a biatch for a month now. Grrrrrr....

Mine was fairly easy. Just soak the pin with WD40, then put a piece of soft wood, ie pine, board under the accelerator arm. Bang the hell out of the pin with a large screw driver and hammed. The pin will slid out and into the soft wood like a nail. Then just remove the pin from the board.

I used a half in thick pine board. Don't know if cardboard will work because it might give too much. The board takes a pounding because the end of the arm, near the pedal, should rest on the board. Make sure the end of the metal rod is supported by the board, not the pedal or you could snap the pedal.

Yesterday was truly Xmas for me. I received both my AccessPort from Cobb and my deadpedal from AutoSpeed Performance. :)

The deadpedal is a work of art and doesn't look half-bad next to the STi pedals already installed in my 05 LGT 5EAT. I much prefer the look of the deadpedal and wish there was a way to get the same look for my brake and accel.

it was very easy to install. The stock deadpedal has two plastic plugs that you can pull out with a flat-head screwdriver. Since the stock deadpedal is also held in place by a little glue, you'll also need a razor blade or Xacto knife to gently trim off the carpet attached to the back of the deadpedal so that it comes off completely. Once off the WRX deadpedal goes on in a sec. it lines up perfectly with the holes for the plugs and looks beautiful. I'm a happy camper. :)

Here is how mine looks:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-2005LegacyGTLimited-pedals-1a-s.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-2005LegacyGTLimited-Inside-5a-s.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-2005LegacyGTLimited-Inside-1a-s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

what I did....

Hey, There all quite easy to install except the Go Pedal. I believe it was 2 10mm bolts (get an extension and ratchet) and unplug the wiring, if your looking at the bolts you will see the wiring to the assembly, you have to press the clip on the right side to unplug it.

Once that is off I used the "Soft Piece of wood and WD40" Method. I used a flat punch to pound it out then a smaller one to take it the rest of the way through, you will see what we mean when you take it off.

The Dead pedal is easy to. Pry up the two plastic clips. They used glue to hold it down from the factory. You will need to cut the fibers off the carpet from behind the original dead pedal. Replace the two plastic clips and press really hard so they snap in tight. You can also put some glue behind there, I haven't done this yet but I may take it off and put some if I notice movement.

The brake and clutch pedals are really easy, the just basically slide on.

A question for others that installed the brake and clutch pedals.... They slip on really easy...

Although, I couldn't get the rubber to go around the TOP of the pedal. is this normal or should I try hard to get it to completely go around.

I drove around all day yesterday and didn't have anyproblems like them coming off. Also I love the new pedals there great for less then 100 bucks shipped.

Dave

what I did....

Hey, There all quite easy to install except the Go Pedal. I believe it was 2 10mm bolts (get an extension and ratchet) and unplug the wiring, if your looking at the bolts you will see the wiring to the assembly, you have to press the clip on the right side to unplug it.

Once that is off I used the "Soft Piece of wood and WD40" Method. I used a flat punch to pound it out then a smaller one to take it the rest of the way through, you will see what we mean when you take it off.

The Dead pedal is easy to. Pry up the two plastic clips. They used glue to hold it down from the factory. You will need to cut the fibers off the carpet from behind the original dead pedal. Replace the two plastic clips and press really hard so they snap in tight. You can also put some glue behind there, I haven't done this yet but I may take it off and put some if I notice movement.

The brake and clutch pedals are really easy, the just basically slide on.

A question for others that installed the brake and clutch pedals.... They slip on really easy...

Although, I couldn't get the rubber to go around the TOP of the pedal. is this normal or should I try hard to get it to completely go around.

I drove around all day yesterday and didn't have anyproblems like them coming off. Also I love the new pedals there great for less then 100 bucks shipped.

Cool, good to hear the "soft wood" technique worked for you too. For clutch and brake, the pad should go around the top of the pedal. Its really hard to do by hand, but its quite easy if you mash the pedals with your foot. Make sure when you mash, to also give a slight upward force, like sliding you foot up the pedal while pressing. The brake is very easy since it provides resistance. The clutch took serveral mashings since it easily goes to the floor. Good luck.

Hey guys, I installed all my pedals. they forgot the dead pedal in the first shipment, so I got a pic without and with the dead pedal, I just got the mail and installed the dead pedal.

They did that to me too. They sent it DHL as soon as I let them know about it though. I still haven't had the time to go at the gas pedal again. I was cleaning the garage and saw the pedal on my work bench the other day. I need to figure that puppy out....

OCDETAILS BLOG

Cool, good to hear the "soft wood" technique worked for you too. For clutch and brake, the pad should go around the top of the pedal. Its really hard to do by hand, but its quite easy if you mash the pedals with your foot. Make sure when you mash, to also give a slight upward force, like sliding you foot up the pedal while pressing. The brake is very easy since it provides resistance. The clutch took serveral mashings since it easily goes to the floor. Good luck.

LOL, didn't think about trying that! Thanks!

Concerning the Gas Pedal. I said a few choice words and got pissed at it. But once its done your glad you did it.

Dave

I can't belive it. Is it happening to everybody now? They forgot dead pedal in my shipment to. Have to admit thou that MastroRX overnighted missing pedal to me and I instaled everysing in one shot- not that difficult.

Looks like it mandatory now to have metal pedals and MOMO shifter :lol: . I have it too :cool: . Looks good, feels good, now I belong :)

I saw these pedals on EBAY and I believe you put them on like RAZO pedals where you screw on some metal bars and bend them back to "pinch" against stock rubber pedals,..

The color black with the silver accents would look good in a black interior,..

But I ordered the stock WRX rubber pedals from my local dealer for $65.91.

BTW,..was getting the pin out from the accelerator pedal to spring really difficult? I dont have any "punches" to use,..thinking of using something like a large nail or screwdriver that I can find around in my tool box,...

any suggestions??

Do a search on that. There are a couple threads telling you how to do that (this one included). Its a big enough pain that I've had my pedals for a month or two now and I still haven't gotten that pin out to replace the gas pedal.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived