LegacyGT.com

Installed Full Set of WRX pedals and deadpedal...Lot 'o Pics

GranTourer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how much did your STi sills cost? :)

Less than their list price....but still too much! :lol:

Where did you find all of the pedals? Did they have pedals for automatics? This is likely to be the first thing I'll add as soon as I get it.

- Mike

The brake, clutch and accelerator pedals are from a 2002-2004 WRX (They come stock on the WRX and the STi). Got them from my dealer. The dead-pedal is made by Autospeed (again...for the WRX) but fits perfect for the Legacy.

I do believe their are brake pedals availible for the Auto's, the dead-pedal and accelerator pedals are the same in the autos as the manuals so they will fit no problem.

Any chance of finding an STi dead pedal, in the Cherry Red color? Sucks that the pedal set for the manuals does not come with all four pedals.

Oh well, I will try and find one somewhere...after the car gets here.

peace,

i.

I did the WRX pedal swap this weekend and it took MUCH longer than expected... but maybe my expectations were out of whack to begin with.

Notes:

The old plain rubber pads come off from bottom to top very easily. I slipped on the new ones on from bottom to top. I could not for the life of me put the new pads on from the top and get the bottoms pulled on properly. I had to use two screw drivers on the top (one on each side of the pedal to flip the rubber over the lip of the actual pedal at the same time otherwise I would get one side and it would come off when I tried to do the other side. :x

The dead pedal came off easy enough after cuting through some glue between it and the carpet. I used some spray glue before putting the new one on and reused the original plastic "screws/rivets" to secure it.

The removal of the accelerator assembly from the footwell was very easy. Removing the pedal from the accelerator assembly took a bit more effort. I had to hammer out the pin that holds on the pedal and the use a vise to compress the pin before I could get it to go back in again.

From earlier posts on this, I was thinking this was a ten minute "in and out" kind of job. :p It took me almost two hours although some of that was spent going to and from the kitchen to get water (it was about 100 degrees outside!) :o

PICT0739_small.JPG.6897f1b0bfe2b7c0782e3720553cd9aa.JPG

PICT0740_small.JPG.357c73f3f4e73cbd5f4a2452ce7d3430.JPG

For those interested in these pedals! I spoke with MastroWRX where I got mine and they offered this deal for thee LegacySTi.com members!

1 - WRX Aluminum Accelerator Pedal

2 - WRX Aluminum Brake/Clutch Pedals

1 - Autospeed Aluminum Dead Pedal

$94.95 Shipped! For Manual Transmissions only! Only the STi Pedals are availible for the Automatic's

Call Kyle in parts for this deal!

1-800-683-2532

http://www.subaruchallenge.com/Wills/Photos/pedalsnsills.JPG

Ask them about the STi Strut Tower bars and STi sills for the new Legacy too!

For anybody wanting to do this mod, please also read the original instructions over at Scoobymods, the tips make things go smoother.

From earlier posts on this, I was thinking this was a ten minute "in and out" kind of job. :p It took me almost two hours although some of that was spent going to and from the kitchen to get water (it was about 100 degrees outside!) :o

Hmm, that's some heat to work in, but the results look great! Sorry if any of the earlier posts mislead you :)

For me it took, after figuring out a few things:

Deadpedal = 5 minutes

Brake & Clutch = 5 minutes

Accel Pedal = 20 minutes

The accel pedal can be a big PITA, but the trick is using a drift pin just large enough and giving it a good forceful WHACK to get the old pin out. Same thing for installing the pin on the new pedal, forceful hits.

At least we don't have to worry about the accelerator cable! :D

Sorry if any of the earlier posts mislead you

No biggie. I forgot my cardinal rule of working on cars. Take your original estimate of how long it will take and double it (triple it if it is something you have never done before). I would have come out just about right if I had done that. :lol:

DOH!!!! I received my pedals and deadpedal today, but there is a problem with my deadpedal.

It is missing one of the small black rubber grips. The thing is in the factory bag, just no grip. I am slightly miffed.... Oh well... as long as Autospeed makes it right.... :evil:

I have a call in with them now..... :cry:

Well..... I have now tried for 2 days to get in contact with them with no luck. The phone # goes instantly to a message system where I have left my numbers. I have yet to get a call back from them.

All of my E-mails have gone un-answered....

:x Going to keep at it... but it isn't fun.....

Guest *Jedimaster*
Do those little plugs that hold the deadpedal itself come with it? I didn't get any and the ones in my car are gray. Did you guys paint them?

• 2 weeks later...
Well..... I have now tried for 2 days to get in contact with them with no luck. The phone # goes instantly to a message system where I have left my numbers. I have yet to get a call back from them.

Any word?

I think I am going to have to order these for myself. I miss my wrx pedals and hoping these will make heal/toe a little easier in the LGT.

Do you have to e-mail mastro about getting all of this at the 95 dollar price, or do they have a link on their web page? Doh, just saw the phone number :) thanks :)

I think I am going to have to order these for myself. I miss my wrx pedals and hoping these will make heal/toe a little easier in the LGT.

Do you have to e-mail mastro about getting all of this at the 95 dollar price, or do they have a link on their web page? Doh, just saw the phone number :) thanks :)

I can't see metal pedals making heel-toeing any easier, unless they are wider. Pedal position is what it is. General impediments to heel-toeing are significantly different levels between brake and throttle, or a large distance between said pedals.

Kevin

Any word?

Actually, he contacted me on the 7th and said he was on vacation.. but that on the 9th, when he got back, he would send me some replacement grips.

Got them last week and I am good to go :p ... just need to get the car here now! :cry:

Next Monday (23rd...)

My wife is been laughing at me as I have been stockpiling parts for the new car (that I don't have yet... as she routinely points out).

Have the pedals, Momo shift knob, and 8" amplifed SAS sub waiting for the car.... :oops:

I wonder, is it possible to just buy the entire accelerator assembly instead of just swapping pedals? I talked to my friend at the dealership and he said its only about 15 bucks more for the whole assembly, instead of just the pedal itself. does the electronic throttle plug hook up to a wrx one? I guess thats the big question.

Archived