LegacyGT.com

Installed Full Set of WRX pedals and deadpedal...Lot 'o Pics

GranTourer

Do a search on that. There are a couple threads telling you how to do that (this one included). Its a big enough pain that I've had my pedals for a month or two now and I still haven't gotten that pin out to replace the gas pedal.

I don't know why your having that much trouble. Its a pain but very do-able. The Pin has to serrated edges and if you use a flat head screwdriver it might slit it more... but if your careful you CAN use the screwdriver. I would use flat punches.... I would buy some because there are many uses for them anyways.

Be patient and take your time and you will have it done in no time.

I don't know why there missing all the dead pedals in the orders... but I paid like 94.95 for all 4.

$ 65.91 for the pedals, and $49.00 I saw for the Autospeed Dead pedal that’s $114.91

Dave

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I paid less than 100 shipped from Mastro. Where did you get yours from?

One of the reasons I haven't got it done yet is more a lack of time than a lack of ability. I know how to do it, I just haven't had time to get it done. I have tried, but I just haven't tried when I have the time to really put the effort in. If the stock pedal were more non functional then I'd probably be putting in more of an effort. I've got an event this weekend that I want my car to be at, so maybe I'll take some time this week.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

oops,..forgot to post EBAY link,..looks like Razo type pedals,..Im picking up my WRX pedals tomorrow and ordered a dead pedal on Ebay thats actually longer than the Autospeed or Mastro pedal,..

Item #7976162789,..Nice Black pedals with silver outlays and STI emblem...

Oh,..and even though Im paying more for my pedals, Im getting my WRX from the dealer tomorrow (local pick up) and just have to wait for the EBAY pedal later this week,..Shipping to Honolulu will cost more to me than to local mainlanders like you folks,..

hmm,..anyone know why I cant "cut and paste" weblinks (the EBAY link) in Mozilla into the "Quick Reply" portion on this LegacyGT forum? Never had that problem with MS Internet Explorer,....

No Problem.

Looks like you will have to drill some holes in the brake and clutch itself to attach the pedal covers... if you get what I'm trying to say. How are they installed? it just look like there flat. They do look nice though. Hope the grip is good even when there wet like it says...

Is it just me or does that dead pedal look green... maybe its just the picture.

Dave

I had Razo pedals before and they probably install the same as Razo pedals,..

you screw on some rectangular metal bars to the pedals, place them on top of the stock pedals, and then "bend" the metal bars back so that they pinch the new pedals to the old pedals,..

So, sort of like "stacking" them on top,...or like new covers,..

Subaru Part Numbers

#36024FA000 <--Gas/Clutch pedal (number is for one pedal, so buy two, clutch/brake is identical)

#36024FA010 <--Accel Pedal

For all of you with "connections" through subaru/dealership employees. :D

• 2 weeks later...

just got my car today cause yesterday was Memorial Day and I couldnt get it from the shipping dock,..

I just installed the pedals except the Gas pedal,..

Now, did you guys do this alone or with the help of two more hands cause I did everything to pound that sucker out with a hammer and the flat head of a large nail and PB Blaster and even WD40,..

Anyone got pics of how you placed the accelerator arm on the soft wood? does it matter which direction you pound out the pin (I know stupid ?, but just thought I ask),..

i didnt want to damage the "plug in part" for the harness the way I had the assembly sitting sideways and with either the arm or the plastic pedal on its side with me pounding away,..

Any pics would be helpful for the single do-it yourselfer,...

just got my car today cause yesterday was Memorial Day and I couldnt get it from the shipping dock,..

I just installed the pedals except the Gas pedal,..

Now, did you guys do this alone or with the help of two more hands cause I did everything to pound that sucker out with a hammer and the flat head of a large nail and PB Blaster and even WD40,..

Anyone got pics of how you placed the accelerator arm on the soft wood? does it matter which direction you pound out the pin (I know stupid ?, but just thought I ask),..

i didnt want to damage the "plug in part" for the harness the way I had the assembly sitting sideways and with either the arm or the plastic pedal on its side with me pounding away,..

Any pics would be helpful for the single do-it yourselfer,...

I did it by myself. but don't have any pics. The way it was sitting on the wood...if you are looking down at the assembly, the mounting end is on the left, and the pedal will be on the right. You need to start with a nail/screw driver thats larger than the pin, otherwise you'll split the pin. Once the pin is up to the hole, you'll need to use a second nail/screw driver that is the same size as the pin so it'll fit thru the hole. You really need to hit it hard, when I was done, the wood was split. Which is good since you want the wood to take the force, not the pedal arm. Good luck. If you post a pic of the pedal assembly and piece of wood i can quicly photo shop it to show how to line it up, but I'm not removing mine again since those bolts are a PITA to get to and remove.

I guess that people are using flat punches to pound the pin thru because looking at the pin itself, it seems that it has "serrated" ends that are opened up so that it wouldnt back out or fall back thru the hole,..

I was using the flat head side of a large nail so that I wouldnt "open up" the drive pin's open end any larger if I stuck a nail or Phillips screwdriver end in there,..I even tried to "squeeze" together the drive pin ends to try and make it smaller than the pedal's hole so possibly it would be easier to drive the pin thru,..

I think I will just go out and buy the punches even though I dont know what else Id use them for and try that,..Its something I wouldnt normally have in my tool box.

id still like to see anyone else's pics if you are going to do this mod in the future as this could help others too since the accelerator pedal is giving most fits,..

• 9 months later...

I just ordered these yesterday! I've been looking forward to doing this for a long time.

My buddy was laughing at me for doing "cosmetic" mods to the car!

So far though, I'd say my "cosmetic to functional" mods ratio is pretty solid.

I've spent over $2,000 in mods total (I don't want to figure out exactly how much more than that it really is) and total cosmetic only mods only account for about $165 of that. One of them being a MOMO shift knob. Since I use that about as much as the Steering wheel (which I also replaced) and the pedals (about to be replaced! :lol: ) I hardly think the MOMO counts as a cosmetic mod anyway! :lol:

But the list of cosmetic only mods:

Soon to be Pedals - $94.95

MOMO Knob - $65

Blacked out headlights - $5 for paint and sandpaper

Debadging - $0.46 (electricity for the hair dryer ;) )

For the record, my buddy was joking. He actually commented on how tastefully I've modded my car so far. Then he went on to encourage me to: Tint, go Stage 2, do suspension, and new tires.

Bastard! :lol:

New tires will in fact be next. 24,000 miles on the RE92s is coming close to their full life. I think I've done well!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've joined the pedal club now. A friend of mine had these on his FXT and I really liked the feel both for heel-toe and when wet. I found my shoes were sticking to the stock pedal covers when they got a little damn and it was really annoying when manipulating the clutch. These feel a good bit nicer.

No matching deadpedal (it came with a RHD pedal) and I'm not sure I'm going to bother spending $40-50 on one of the other aluminum dead pedals.

I straightened out the clutch pedal after I saw this picture and realized it was a bit crooked.

pedals.jpg.7419b3ad3390a28d78e6012d8202bd3b.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived