LegacyGT.com

Installed Full Set of WRX pedals and deadpedal...Lot 'o Pics

GranTourer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the WRX is drive by wire, is it?

Yes but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm doubtful it will fit, but who knows...

If he's getting the accelerator assembly, the drive by wire "rheostat" is part of the LGT assembly. No throttle cable connections.

If he gets the WRX assembly, it has the cable connections but no electronics.

Yeah, I forgot the wrx wasn't drive by wire, thought they would have made it that by now. But yeah, maybe a STI's? I installed the clutch and brake wrx pedals today. took awhile trying to get the tab over the top, but eventually got them. Soon I will do the accelerator pedal

Got pics of the sub?

Here is a picture of a non-amp'ed 6.5" that I have on the support stand I welded up. I made the stand so that the tube would stay put in the GT's trunk and not roll around....

• 2 months later...

Just to add my two cents to this, I found the accelerator pedal pin to be a real b!tch as well. I eventually had to take the assembly down to my local hardware store and get their help using their vise to hold everything and get the pin out. Instead of reusing the pin, I also replaced it with a bolt and locking nut. Pedals in, no pictures but they look great. took me all afternoon!

One other thing I noticed is that there is additional movement of the throttle possible when the lower part of the pedal first makes contact with the floor and plastic trim. Did anyone else notice that? I don't know if the computer is figuring out inputs correctly for full throttle anyway, but you could depress the throttle further by depressing the upper part of the pedal - tilting in your toes if you were driving. I haven't tried this to see what, if anything, happens when doing this while actually on the road.

I have to say, I think the pedals and the kick plate above them were not well designed. I have only size 10 1/2 shoes and I often feel cramped - both to the right of the go pedal and above the gas and brake.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

• 5 months later...

it really sucks that there is no STi deadpedal. I just picked up my new LGT and opted for the Sti pedals. I go the 5EAT since my wife doesn't drive manual. now after seeing the WRX pedals I am pissed that i got the STi pedals cuz i really like the look of the WRX pedals.

even though the WRX deadpedal doesn't match the STi pedals, I'd be willing to get it for my LGT. Does anyone know if the WRX deadpedal has more surface area than the stock deadpedal? I ask cuz the stock seems a bit small for my foot (size 11).

also, what is involved in changing/installing the WRX deadpedal in a Legacy GT? is it a simple switch with screws or what? I was under the impression the deadpedal was part of the carpet.

The WRX deadpedal is the exact same size as the factory one. Maybe a little tiny bit bigger, but its not noticable. It fills the same space the factory one does.

The STI pedal doesn't fit well in our cars. The one pictured there fits between the black dots on the factory pedal. Plus you have to drill them down into the floor. The WRX style dead pedal is a direct replacement for the OEM one.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/163-6307_IMG.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/allpedals.jpg[/img]

That looks so much better than this:

http://www.jcdrenguis.com/nasioc/STi_pedals.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'd say it's just bling. In fact, I'm re-considering doing this, as my WRX pedals always seemed really slippery when wet. I do, however, want the deadpedal- that plasticky dead pedal does not look like it belongs in a 30 thousand dollar car.

i thought your car was more in the $27,000 range? :D

don't try and get up in my $30,000 territory :p

I might missed the point but where can I buy all these pedals?

do a search on that. I've posted more than one link to places you can get them. just search for "sti pedals" or "wrx pedals" depending on which ones you want.

OCDETAILS BLOG

The only part that isn't official Subaru in the Mastro set is the dead pedal. The other three were official WRX pedals. I tried to find the link to get all four pedals and I can't seem to locate it. Do they still offer all four?

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived