LegacyGT.com

Installed Full Set of WRX pedals and deadpedal...Lot 'o Pics

GranTourer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The brake and clutch are still giving me problems.. getting part of my 6'4" frame under there to lever off things doesnt' make it any easier. I'll try the wd40/pb blaster method to help make things smoother tonight.

put the pedals all the way on and use 2 flat head screwdrivers to pry the top rubber lip over the edge of the factory metal pedal.

The brake was definitely a struggle at first.

Then I got a flat head w/ a long skinny shaft and inserted it into the groove at the top of the pedal. Hooked the bottom of the pedal first and then pulled up on the screwdriver to lift that flap over the pedal and then pulled it out. Was soooo easy this way. Took like 3 seconds. Think I spent 20 minutes wrestling with it before that.

• 1 year later...
Sorry for the necro-bump - I've been wanting to replace the stock pedals for awhile because I find it hard to heel-toe as easily as I could in my old WRX - so I'd like to find some aftermarket pedals that have that little tab on the accelerator that extends towards the brake. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the necro-bump - I've been wanting to replace the stock pedals for awhile because I find it hard to heel-toe as easily as I could in my old WRX - so I'd like to find some aftermarket pedals that have that little tab on the accelerator that extends towards the brake. Any suggestions?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/sti-pedals-w-dead-pedal-14785p3.html?&highlight=sti+dead+pedal

There are some pictures throughout that thread to what you may be looking for.

Along the lines of pedals, I am getting the STi ones in for my 2013. I am looking for a dead pedal that will match the set but every one I find online are for 02-08 models (all models). Nothing is 08+. Does anyone know if these ones still work for 08+? They all still look the same in the gen 5's as they did in the 02-08', but I don't know the measurements. The one I was looking at was from Pro Sport Gauges.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I stumbled onto this old thread the other day. Because I am always looking for projects, I went to the local Subaru recycler and picked up a set of pedal covers and an accelerator assembly from an 03 WRX (on the cheap since he has so many!). The entire job takes about 40 minutes to an hour. As noted in the thread, the "hardest" part is the accelerator pedal simply because of the pressure pin that needs to be knocked out.

Anyway, thanks for all the ideas this forum provides!

j.

Archived