LegacyGT.com

Installed Full Set of WRX pedals and deadpedal...Lot 'o Pics

GranTourer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
got mine installed yesterday. I have been trying to read over all of the posts but if i happened to miss something oh well. I found it easier with the brake and clutch pedals to get a smaller flat headed scewdriver ( like mentioned in earlier posts ) but pushing it in from thevery top of the pedal rather than going in from the side. This might be one of those things that you would think well yeah no crap. but i read everything before i do it. so if there is anyone else like me hope this helps as well. But the dead pedal and gas pedal really wasnt that bad. was expecting the worse. but the brake and clutch kicked my butt. but they do look nice though. nice little write ups.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My accel pedal went on easy - took maybe 15 minutes.

The brake and clutch pedal slip on easy as well but I CANNOT GET THE RUBBER LIP TO FIT OVER THE TOP OF THE PEDAL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm about out of patience bc I have been trying to get them to fit using the screwdriver method. This is the toughest part by far. It's always the little minor crap that gets you annoyed :)

:rolleyes: I run two warehouses and they have almost every type of hand, power, and specialty tool you can imagine. I tried screwdrivers, mini bars (think of a miniature crowbar with a hooked end) and a multi tool.

The funny thing is here's what finally worked on the top lip....used that bottom part where the hook is to lift the rubber lip up and over the plate. I'll be happy to let anyone use this revolutionary new tool (it's an old peghook) if you need it!

1400129690_Peghook001.jpg.7f407c37144c714052afcb6fc0daade4.jpg

I gave up on the upper lip. Been driving them for over a month, and they haven't slipped a mm.

$0.02

I got my clutch cover on entirely, but couldn't get my brake over the top, but it was snug so I just went with it. Around 9 months later, it slipped off.

To get it on, I think I wet it down to make it slippery and then it finally went on without much fuss. I'm not sure if it was the water or the 9 months of use that finally caused it to fit.

Lubrication works wonders when things don't quite fit right. I used a little silicone spray and a stubby flat blade screwdriver to coax the lip over the top of the brake pedal.

• 4 weeks later...

This definatley does not work on the '07. It has one plastic pedal assembly. I also have tried a set or Sparco pedals and dead pedal, but they way that they have to be mounted causes (bolts go through vertically and hot the mounting brackets) interference with the other pedals because they are so close together. I think I may try an STi set or wait. The Subaru dealer told me the '07 set would be out near the end of May and will cost about $150. I'm guessing it's the Spec B set. However, that autospeed dead pedal looks like it be an excellent match for the Spec B pedals.

Here's a good place for some STi ones. The dead peadal should mount to the metal bracket that is behind the factory one, just have to pull up the carpet and it's held in with 3 nuts.

http://www.subydude.com/osc/product_info.php/cPath/220_91_272/products_id/486?osCsid=6e07d89ab600e6dd86ba9586caafedf1

• 1 month later...

Just did the wrx pedal install today. I really didn't want to bother with removing the whole pedals. The brake/clutch were not hard, just a little annoying. I sprayed them down with wd40 (the pads) and it wasn't too bad. Slide it on and forward as far as you can go and use a small flathead underneath to pull out. It took 10 min or so, but was more annoying because of the position as opposed to the difficulty.

As to the gas pedal - it took half the time because I just cheated - as suggested from another post I had seen ;) Instead of removing the whole pedal and fighting with the pin, I cut the pedal off with a pair of wire snips, and cut the pin out. First I cut it flush to the metal stem with a hack saw - 30 sec. Then I drilled it out - another 30 sec. Use the bit you cut off to get a size for the drill bit - just make it a tad smaller.

Putting it back on was also pretty easy - biggest difficulty I had was that I forgot to measure the size of the nut before putting it on ;) Just use a 2" by 1/4" bolt with washers. The star ones work best, but I didn't have any. Perhaps later...

They look awesome!

• 1 month later...
I installed the deadpedal, clutch and brake. Got it all from Mastro. Used a flathead screwdriver to get the top lip over the top of the pedal(but not the lower part of the the "lip" -- ie at the top rubber part that is shorter than the long top lip)...if that makes any sense. THe accel peddal will have to wait because my ghetto 12mm socket is to "shallow" and wont fit over the bolt sufficiently to get to the nut. I'll have to hit the hardware store to get a longer socket...darn!

Installed the gas pedal today. I could nto get that stupid pin out, so I cheated. Instead of removing it, I hammered it until it was flush with the plastic in the pedal. Then I moved the large black pedal assembly metal rod back and forth carefuly, until the plastic where the pin goes through started to bend, and I just pulled the whole black metal pedal rod and pin out of the plastic pedal. The plastic gave way and did not break (but you have to use careful force not to break it). I then did the same thing to install the metal pedal (bent the plastic in the new pedal until I could slide the pin in).

Archived