LegacyGT.com

mangled a spark plug

Car ran awesome all day not one issue. I tried putting straight Bacardi 151 in it and pulled on an Enzo ha. I didn't get around to scoping it today hopefully tomorrow I'll get aroundt to it. How long did it take for you to notice the symptoms of the bust piston bmx?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

CALLED IT!

welcome to the club buddy.

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/bmx045/2f948c19.jpg

take a good hard look. if you still have compression right now, the ringlands below the top ring are probably still in tact. but wont be for long. one good WOT and the force will push the top ring down and crack the lower lands

need much bigger of course??!! Your car will probably last much longer than bmx especially considering your not running a 20g....... going to drive it till it gets noticeably worse i presume?

I understand the need for the new parts, but the stroker kit and cams may be a bit overkill for the size of a 52. If i were you right now I'd buy a new ej257 and put forged pistons in and call it a day.

I'm taking the car off the road asap, last thing I need is more piston breaking loose and floating through my new turbo. Time to get a beater and pull the legacy into the garage for mass open heart surgery

Archived