LegacyGT.com

mangled a spark plug

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No need for a larger turbo, just didn't have the proper fuel available that's all. But i'm done talking about what happened on the highway because everybody here is way too touchy on the subject. All I have to say is damn X5 M's are stupid fast and I hope the scope doesn't show any serious issues tonight

You guys just love to bust chops. There was no winner no loser because there was no race. All I had to say was neither of us could gain any ground on each other. End of the day I recon you could say "he won" because I had to pull of the road with CEL's flashing and an unsettling vibration. I'm just happy I can say my cheesy little four banger could hold its own against a many thousand dollar twin turbo V8 while ruining pump gas.

Pics of your armchair?

My thought process:

- VF52 on corn will put down 350ish crank HP

- Spec B wieghs 3,400 lbs

=

~ 100ish crank hp per 1,000 lbs

- X5 M = 550 crank hp

- X5 M weighs 5,500 lbs

- X5 has a slush box (more loss through drivetrain)

=

< 100 crank hp per 1,000 lbs.

your car had no chance against an x5 M. sorry, 555hp is 555hp, even if you were on corn that x5 would anal rape you up and down the highway all day and night on 93.

I'm baffled by your ignorance bmx. So your saying that with me having a 20% power to weight advantage on corn he would rape me all while on pump gas he couldn't even pull on me with a near even power to weight? Where do you get your logic from?

still does the 1/4 in 12.6s, it'd be close. but i'd bet those Hermans make it a well-suited highway vehicle too.

I'm baffled by your ignorance bmx. So your saying that with me having a 20% power to weight advantage on corn he would rape me all while on pump gas he couldn't even pull on me with a near even power to weight? Where do you get your logic from?

Really? You think your corn fed VF52 will get 12.6 in the 1/4?

SHIT if thats the case im running low 11's...

Round 3: Track Blast

First, I must divulge our usual instrumented findings, where the BMW shined. To 60 mph from a stop, the clock spun for only 4.1 seconds. A quarter mile got decimated in 12.7 seconds at a terminal speed of 110.1 mph. Braking from 60 mph took just 112 feet. Line this X5 next to an Audi RS5 (4.3 seconds), Shelby GT500 (4.2 seconds), or Aston Martin DBS (4.2 seconds), and it will win the sprint to 60 mph every time. The Jeep is just as impressive, recording 4.6 seconds; 13.3 seconds at 103.2 mph; and an astounding 106 feet in the braking category. Porsche's largest Turbo secured itself a mid-pack position with 4.3 seconds; 12.8 seconds at 107.9 mph; and 108 feet. Brembos and Pirellis did much for the Jeep's braking, but when it came to speed and stick, the twin-turbocharged Germans had the upper hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------

damn, vf52 on e85 and i can keep up with a DBS and a GT500?

Archived