LegacyGT.com

mangled a spark plug

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it impossible to get my axle nut off? Trying to do my rear wheel bearing and even with jumping on the breaker bar it won't even budge. I "unlocked" the crimp on the nut by flaring it back out with a screwdriver and hammer. PB blaster or nothing won't get this thing to wiggle. Going to the store for a bigger breaker bar tomorrow.

Why is it impossible to get my axle nut off? Trying to do my rear wheel bearing and even with jumping on the breaker bar it won't even budge. I "unlocked" the crimp on the nut by flaring it back out with a screwdriver and hammer. PB blaster or nothing won't get this thing to wiggle. Going to the store for a bigger breaker bar tomorrow.

I remember my breaker bar starting to bend while I was trying to loosen one of these suckers on an old Accord. Had to bring it to a shop :mad:.

What brand tool it that ?

My 24" craftsman 1/2" breaker bar with a 3ft pipe on it works great. Just have someone step on and hold the brake padel down while you break torque.

Worst case, I had to cut a axle nut off once on a Integra. Used a few small metal grinding bit's (rotary files) to cut down the nut.

Got them at HD by the drill bit's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yea my craftsman 1/2 breaker bar looked like it was ready to snap at that flex joint you circled. So i got a standard big d*=k 3/4 ratchet with no swivels on it. If anything is going to break on that it will be the gears. If it does I'll just weld the gears solid

I frequent to Norwalk and Canton (close to new Hartford) next time I'm up I'll drop a message

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I live right next to Canton! Yeah definitely hit me up when you're in the area.

I used a 1/2" craftsman ratchet with the 3' pipe from my jack. Fit perfectly around the handle of the ratchet...a buddy stood on the brakes, and it was off after a little fighting.

Update:

First 500 miles are in and the car is running just lovely. She does sound like a diesel for a few minutes on cold startups but i can deal with the piston slap. So i dropped it off at the shop (after installing my new KStech bigMAF) for the slightly more peppy break in tune for the last 500mi of break in...get a call this evening saying they found multiple leaks in the system when they pressurized it so i told them to take care of it and call me when its done.

Kind of disappointed in myself i thought i had it all back together perfectly. I should probably invest in a system pressure tester.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I lied about the oil I was using 10wt30 castrol GTX and I stuck with that. going to wait at least one more oil change before I go synthetic.

Dyno tune today was pretty successful. managed to pull off 310whp/320wtq. I need to put a smaller spring in my wastegate as the 17lb one I have now just causes the car to boost up too quickly lol the chart is like a wall of torque right off the bat.

http://www.facebook.com/v/10151286396649789

http://www.facebook.com/v/10151286453729789

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/621577_10151286479839789_1752472908_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived