LegacyGT.com

mangled a spark plug

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hennessey makes some cars go stupid ridiculous fast for big money. But big power isnt always the answer. for example they took the lotus, stretched it and gave it 1000+ horse. But has anybody seen this thing? Tears the Hennessey Vernon a new ash hole.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

And it does it with 250 less horsepower. Why? Because it weighs a hell of a lot less.

Really? You think your corn fed VF52 will get 12.6 in the 1/4?

SHIT if thats the case im running low 11's...

Now let's think and crunch some more numbers. So I ran a 13.41 @ 102 back when I was on nothing but stage two and pump gas. Subaru says gt comes stock with about 240 crank horse. Cobb says their stage II is good for around 40 additional crank horse. So lets say I ran a 13.41 @ 280 crank horse (adjusted with the apprx. 28% drivetrain loss thats about 205 to the wheels).

Now on corn and vf52 I got dyno'd in at 349whp and 382wtq. adjust for drivetrain loss and thats an estimated 450 crank horse. That is a 170 crank horse difference from stage II. Is 170 crank horse (and much more tq) able to drop a quarter mile time .8 seconds??

Now if a stock legacy 2.5i will do the quarter in 16.3+ @ 83 or so mph (going off of a compendium of sources) with 175 horse and the GT with around 240 horse does it at about 14.1 seconds. That's only a gain of 65 horse and over two seconds on the strip. Going by that I would say 12.6 isnt an impossible feat for my car...then again nothing tells facts like results

You lost....crunch all you want but we waht to know what version of the chair are you using for your armchair racing...

http://fantasytrophies.com/img/pop_crew-chief-nascar-trophy_1.jpg

or

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/0400742317562629.JPG?0.24656324233081916

I cant wait for football to start. I bet you are a great Monday morning quarterback!!

Dude your seriously a pain in the Ass i'm far past trying to justify anything with what happened with the x5. Merely trying to support bmx's input. And if you really wanted to know I use your mothers face as my arm chair and your sisters back as my leg rest. Man does your ma love me on taco night : D

now seriously dude, you haven't given one bit of positive input in this thread and its sad to see coming from someone with so many posts on this forum. Or do you just sit there and bash people all day?

but but but :lol:

now seriously dude, you haven't given one bit of positive input in this thread and its sad to see coming from someone with so many posts on this forum. Or do you just sit there and bash people all day?

No i add value...look over my posts. Just don't care for people that street race, lose and them make excuses :rolleyes:

Dude your seriously a pain in the Ass i'm far past trying to justify anything with what happened with the x5. Merely trying to support bmx's input. And if you really wanted to know I use your mothers face as my arm chair and your sisters back as my leg rest. Man does your ma love me on taco night : D

We generally sit and bash shitheads like you all day. 13,800+ posts and going strong

I'm not getting into this any farther than that. I don't know if it's the same car, different car, don't care. I'm more curious of how the engine turns out. Hoping for the best for you.

Pretty slick run, I wonder what he would pull at sea level. Wish he posted temps for the day and his supporting mods.

Pretty slick run, I wonder what he would pull at sea level. Wish he posted temps for the day and his supporting mods.

For your reading pleasure: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-timeslip-and-fastest-lgt-1-4-mile-62363.html?t=62363

I still never made any claims to winning losing racing or anything of the sort : /

Then whats the below :iam:

the x5 and I were a dead even match but I wad only on pump gas. Would have been all rear view mirror had i been on corn. And yes I will def get a scope in that cylinder before I replace the plug tonight.

I was following him at WOT, there was never any acknowledgment of a race or slowing down to pull on each other. Just some friendly cat and mouse where we had the opportunity to. Call it what you will I wasn't racing.

I hate CT for having literally no corn in the whole state.

I think you guys out east should just plow under the whole $h!t-hole state of New Jersey and plant it border to border with corn.

It is still ugly.

I was following him at WOT, there was never any acknowledgment of a race or slowing down to pull on each other. Just some friendly cat and mouse where we had the opportunity to. Call it what you will I wasn't racing.

Following at WOT? Pretty sure thats how the fast and furious movie started

Following at WOT? Pretty sure thats how the fast and furious movie started

Didnt you see the part about the passenger side floor board falling out? He IS paul walker.

His name even says it.

SpaulecBwalker.

I was on the highway today and i ran into a dinan m6, i pulles up behind him in my na legacy and honked three times. He smoked me and i lost but if i was in a top fuel dragster i totally would have owned his ass.

ok, so I pulled the plug on cyl3 and stuck a scope down into the motor. No bad markings on the cylinder head. It has a decent amount of carbon on the top of the piston but nothing looks scored up or damaged inside. Although I did not get a good look at the cylinder walls, I'm going to do a compression test just to be safe. I also hooked up the Access Port and checked on some of the monitor functions. I checked cylinder roughness on all four and only cyl3 is having the issue. The knock sensor never registered anything.

I replaced only the broken plug because pep boys sucks and doesn't sell NGK's so at least its safer until I source a new set to pick up tomorrow night. Now the car runs fine and smooth when I'm out of boost. But once I try to get on it she chokes and bucks over 3500. I made sure I gapped the plug properly too.

I'm hoping that the champion plug just ignites at a different temperature and is causing uneven combustion and causing the car to misfire under boost load, possibly igniting the mixture before or after the other cylinders are.

I recorded a little video earlier, watch the acceleration percentage guage on the right of the lcd cluster and listen for the studdering towards the end. Under 50% throttle and staying out of any significant boost it has no issue. Anything over 50% and boosting causes it to studder.

[/url]http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Max00racer/?action=view¤t=2012-06-11_19-06-38_481.mp4

Next step is to replace all four plugs tomorrow and see if the issue persists. If so, I'm going to start checking into the injectors. I am doubtful it could be the injectors, they are brand new DW850's and are seeing nothing close to their maximum duty on the pump gas map. I do have three working replacements to try out if need be.

Archived