LegacyGT.com

Could someone please take a look at these logs?

ssbtech

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$200-250 will get you a netbook that will be plenty stable. I have no issues with my little 11" netbook running full Win7 32-bit. Also I believe Jarrad @ PDX tunes the V1 but confirm that. I'm pretty sure mattg is still on his V1 with both 92OCt and E85 tunes from him.

I'm pretty sure Jarrad still does tunes. Agreed on the soup!

I'm having good success with Win7 but I don't really surf with it (outside of downloading the tools I wanted), or use it for anything outside of my car. While I prefer my Macbook Pro for daily tasks, (and am also in IT), Win7 32-bit has been trouble free for me when it comes to flashing - in fact I have zero COM port hangups, or any other issues when working with Romraider, ECUFlash, or LV. The Tactrix 2.0 and the netbook along with an inverter have a permanent residence in the spec.B.

ssbtech,

Allot of good reads in this thread. A few questions/comments... why is it taking you 30 min. for a ecu flash??(post 126)Mine takes High side 3 min. with a test write first. Quite a few folks here say "get rid of the catted up pipe" don't resist, just do it. Your car has 150xxx miles on it, "sulfur smell getting worse lately" time to invest in a CONSERVATIVE Downpipe Cat replacement, our cars push allot of air through them, 150xxx is well over the cats life expectancy on a NA car. Don't intellectualize on this, just do it!(smiley face) I know you don't want to go over STG1, mechanical things have to be in order for (especially) our cars to run correctly, I would also suggest a OS tune from Infamous, he is right on target(no pun intended). One word of caution, this power/handling thing is quite addictive, don't be surprised if your at STG3 in a year, happened to me!

Good luck in your tuning and a thank you to all senior members and especially to Invar and BMX045, Truly infinite wisdom!

R/Mac

150,000KM, so 93,000 miles.

I will be getting rid of the up-pipe cat. Hopefully a friend who knows Subies can help me out with that because I'm not paying the dealer three hours for that.

You're saying down-pipe too? Christ, OK.. what are those worth?

The original ECU flash from my APV1 was a good 20-30 minutes, IIRC. It's been on there for about 5 years now so I don't recall exactly. I'm just assuming subsequent flashes will take that long if that's the speed of the OBDII interface.

The CEL came back last night - Misfire cyl2, the one the injector was swapped on.

Question: When logging in RR, it shows the "min" and "max" values - Are those simply values that RR is recording or are those values stored in the ECU while the engine is running?

What I'm saying is this - if the misfire count runs up, RR shows the max value while it's logging. If I plug in RR AFTER this count has run up, can it still retrieve the max value from the ECU or is it RR that keeps count only when plugged in?

I wanted to leave my car running last night so I could run up and grab the laptop to see where things were but the silly BIU won't let me lock the key in the car with the engine running. Go figure :lol:

• Mega Users
I disagree on the downpipe cat. If you aren't getting a cell for it, leave it alone...unless you want the upgrade. The dp cat is definitely an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" part. If it starts to go, you'll likely notice symptoms and there is no danger of it causing destruction.

Misfire #2, swap a coil out with #1, see if it moves. As far as the cats, if you have a vacuum gauge, you can see an exhaust restriction, a bit more difficult to detect on a turbo car, hook the gauge up to pre-turbo manifold vacuum, note where it is at idle, 20-25 should be about right, have someone bring the motor up to like 2500rpm(before boost) the guage should drop as the accelerator pedal is pressed and go back up to a bit higher than where it was at idle, if the Vacuum stays low(at 2500)= exhaust restriction, this is by no means conclusive, but it will give you an idea, Try it on a NA car, have someone hold there hand with a rag over the tail pipe to simulate a clogged cat, then do it without blocking the tailpipe, you will see the difference. Just trying to help without getting too in-depth.

Mac

The Catted up pipe must go, if it chunks it will hit the turbo, you could loose the whole motor, intake eating foreign parts etc, plus oil contamination.

You don't have to gut or swap the downpipe unless you're going stg2.

+1 on swapping coils around.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Before I clear off the CEL I have to take the car to the dealer so they can see what's going on.

The service rep said that the car stores several parameters with the CEL, but with the AP and LV I'm only able to get the P0302 code.

Is there any way I can connect and read those other stored parameters?

EDIT: Freeze frame data, that's what it's called.

Once they've read it I'm planning on divorcing the AP to see if things run better.

1895583828_LearningView_SS_18-08-201293800PM.jpg.ec746ded9591f43fcb5f7bd5e4db446f.jpg

Is there a glossary somewhere that can help a dummy like me out a bit? Explanations for things like "Ignition total timing" so I know what's actually happening in the engine when it goes from 18 to 17 to 16, etc... And not only what is going on but how much is acceptable. I don't want to keep bugging you guys for information so hopefully there's something there that can help me understand what the numbers mean. Well, short of mechanic's school :lol:

So I had it at the dealer to read the freeze frame data from the last CEL. Instead of reading they did a 30 minute update to correct "surge during acceleration, cruise control intermittently shuts off".

Now I'm under the impression that any sort of update will return the car to stock mapping, but when I plug my APV1 in it says that the car is Stage1 91.

Has their flash overridden some parts of the map leaving the AP to detect part of the Stg1 map or what's going on here? :confused: Is it safe to "return to stock" with the AP?

The service manager was clear with the tech - read the freeze frame data only.

It was one of the other mechanics who said that there was an update available.

Anyway, how long after the ECU has been reset does the car need to re-learn? The RPMs are dropping quite violently and it has been stalling a few times this evening.

So I had it at the dealer to read the freeze frame data from the last CEL. Instead of reading they did a 30 minute update to correct "surge during acceleration, cruise control intermittently shuts off".

Now I'm under the impression that any sort of update will return the car to stock mapping, but when I plug my APV1 in it says that the car is Stage1 91.

Has their flash overridden some parts of the map leaving the AP to detect part of the Stg1 map or what's going on here? :confused: Is it safe to "return to stock" with the AP?

I'm going to guess they did no such update and simply reset your ECU (1) to get rid of you and (2) in the hopes that this problem would just go away of it's own accord.

Anyway, how long after the ECU has been reset does the car need to re-learn? The RPMs are dropping quite violently and it has been stalling a few times this evening.

It can take an hour or two of mixed driving to get all the fuel trim ranges in line again.

If you have stock hardware and want to go to the dealer for anything related to engine management, unmarry your AP, which puts the stock map back in place.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Interesting, but I don't know much about APv1 works, if they do real-time and stored maps etc. Wait for the trims to stabilize and report back.

I have the Stage 1 base map. I've never tried any of the "real time" maps. Not that I care about valet and anti-theft real-time maps :p

I've also emailed COBB to see what they say. The AP says that it's still Stage 1 on the ECM, so I don't know what changes the Subaru ROM update made. One would think it has to do something to the map if it is listed as correcting surging, etc...

I'll spend some time driving tomorrow and I'll grab an LV.

Archived