LegacyGT.com

Official North East Spotted Thread

SuperhawkLGT

Anyone here have a LGT (I think it was a 05-07) that works in the Stratham industrial park? I have no idea who was driving as I was a car or two behind. Silver/gray.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

05-07 White GT on 93N this morning. Had a really slick body kit on it, lowered, exhaust, roof rack. After market rims. Easily the nicest LGT I've seen on the road. You were in the right lane, I couldn't catch up to you b/c of traffic. If you aren't on here it would surprise me given the mods you had.

Sweet looking ride either way.

To somewhat hijack the thread, does anyone know details of the cell phone use law now in effect in MA? OK, can't use one at all if under 18, no texting while driving, does flipping though an iPod / Phone to find something violate the law?

Say I spotted an LGT with some unique feature (like bmon...), illegal to snap a pic from a phone?

To somewhat hijack the thread, does anyone know details of the cell phone use law now in effect in MA? OK, can't use one at all if under 18, no texting while driving, does flipping though an iPod / Phone to find something violate the law?

Say I spotted an LGT with some unique feature (like bmon...), illegal to snap a pic from a phone?

If a cop saw you doing it I bet he'd pull you over but I have to say I think its going to be a tough law to enforce the for the texting portion.

I heard a piece on NPR from some retired veteran State trooper commando sergeant, and he said it will be a very hard law to enforce, and essentially the way they are most likely going to bust people is see them swerving or running a stop sign or not paying attention, and pull them over for that, and then look to see if it appears they were texting while driving.

Also it was explained that law applies to using the internet, and texting, but would assume anything that you are doing with your cellphone to detract from driving would fall under this law. However, the cop has to physically see you texting or whatever to write you the ticket.

habitual derail-er

I wonder who will make the news for getting the first citation under this law. News at 11?

I heard on the radio this morning that the first citation was issued around 9:30 yesterday morning.

From what I understand they can pull you over and ask to see your phone. They will then check to see if you've sent a text message, email, picture, etc.

I picture people getting pulled over while they are trying to find someone in their contacts list to call. It's still legal to make a phone call while driving as long as you have 1 hand on the wheel.

Here's how I'm going to play it if I get caught...

Officer: "let me see your phone son"

Me: "Here you go..."

Officer: "The phone says it's locked, What's the password?"

Me: "I have no idea, I was trying to unlock it and make a call when you pulled me over, I wasn't texting I swear."

Officer: "Damn kids and their new fangled electronics"

^ They would not be able to touch your property and/or search your phone without a warrant. You don't have to give them the phone, you can just say I wasn't texting, and then the cop can either write you the ticket, and you can dispute it and he will have to show proof, or he won't.
habitual derail-er

^ They would not be able to touch your property and/or search your phone without a warrant. You don't have to give them the phone, you can just say I wasn't texting, and then the cop can either write you the ticket, and you can dispute it and he will have to show proof, or he won't.

I don't disagree with you, It's just a ton more aggravation if you have to show up in court to fight it.

I heard a piece on NPR from some retired veteran State trooper commando sergeant, and he said it will be a very hard law to enforce, and essentially the way they are most likely going to bust people is see them swerving or running a stop sign or not paying attention, and pull them over for that, and then look to see if it appears they were texting while driving.

Also it was explained that law applies to using the internet, and texting, but would assume anything that you are doing with your cellphone to detract from driving would fall under this law. However, the cop has to physically see you texting or whatever to write you the ticket.

this will be enforced better, just give it more time. All major insurance companies are lobbying to have some sort of tracking of cell phone usage. Major obstacle right now is to distinguish driver and passenger using it.

I have to say, I hate it when people text or e-mail behind the wheel. General public's driving habits are already bad enough as it is.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

2 lgts. One was in worcester on shrewsbury st. It was silver with sti bbs black wheels. Had a forsale sign on it. The other was at bmw shrewsbury. White with red wheels and invidia exhaust. Ive heard you are a bmw mechanic. You mite have worked on my gfs 328xi with 19s and pink badges this thursday

2 lgts. One was in worcester on shrewsbury st. It was silver with sti bbs black wheels. Had a forsale sign on it. The other was at bmw shrewsbury. White with red wheels and invidia exhaust. Ive heard you are a bmw mechanic. You mite have worked on my gfs 328xi with 19s and pink badges this thursday

Thats me with the white lgt with red wheels.. I dont work for BMW tho, I work for Mercedes-Benz of Shrewsbury.. So unfortunately it wasn't me that worked on your girls car, sorry bud

Edited by subygc8