LegacyGT.com

Official Colorado Meet Thread.

eekay

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm always up for some fun out at HPR, but last I looked they were basically shut down until March for resurfacing :(

They are having a free customer appreciation day at the end of the month

http://highplainsraceway.mhsoftware.com/ViewItem.html?integral=0&cal_item_id=1091&dtwhen=2455922

I would be down to go, except that my Star Specs are showing cord, and I don't have any other tires besides my winters.

I will check my work schedule since I will have to work every other weekend in January, but I hope to go carting with everyone.

Wait... I'm missing something here. You don't want to participate in an ice race because your summer tires are showing cord and the only usable tires you have are your winters? *scratches head*
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Wait... I'm missing something here. You don't want to participate in an ice race because your summer tires are showing cord and the only usable tires you have are your winters? *scratches head*

High plains raceway is not ice racing. It is a paved track.

I'd be down for some ice racing. Got some Hankook snow tires mounted on the stockers. I had no idea snow tires made that much of a difference in stopping and steering.

Go Carting would very much be a game time decision, but it sounds like fun.

And I'd love to spectate if any of you go to HPR.

Rweezy - I am not sure of a deadline quite yet but will hope to see peoples feedback quickly that way I can contact whichever location we decide and start to lock times and amount of people down.

This should be some good fun.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I signed up for high plains email list, they say they are having a customer appreciation day (free) coming up soon. Good incentive to get a few members to show up, we might not get many laps if its busy, but its free. Not sure if you have to be on the email list to go for free but will post up when they email me more info. Ive never been on a race track w/ me driving before, sounds like fun. We could all toss in $5 and fastest lap wins the pot, I'm sure I'd be donating my $5

I signed up for high plains email list, they say they are having a customer appreciation day (free) coming up soon. Good incentive to get a few members to show up, we might not get many laps if its busy, but its free. Not sure if you have to be on the email list to go for free but will post up when they email me more info. Ive never been on a race track w/ me driving before, sounds like fun. We could all toss in $5 and fastest lap wins the pot, I'm sure I'd be donating my $5

You and anyone else who can go should. I don't think that lots of people will be there. Open lapping Fridays are rarely very busy and it's only $90 when you do have to pay. Also, not many people are running daily drivers that could deal with snow if the roads aren't perfect. I really wish I could go!

If anyone happens to have any tires that are towards the end of their lives that they want to get rid of for cheap, and are 17" diameter, let me know. I can't really swing a set of $800 Direzza Star Specs right now.

Dave im not sure if ill be able to make it but will have a better idea in a week or so. Sounds like a good time though so ill def try and get that day off. As for HPR that sounds hella fun to but no dice until I get my damn injectors in.

Recieved the email from High Plains:

Hello Race Fans,

Okay folks, we all know how the weather in Colorado can be, but based on the current weather forecast I'm gonna roll the dice and announce:

Wednesday, December 28th CARS ONLY OPEN LAPPING

Thursday, December 29th BIKES ONLY OPEN LAPPING

These days will be *FREE* and are open to anyone who was a customer of HPR at any time during 2011.

These days will be run according to the winter schedule

• Gates open at 9am
  • Information meeting at 9:45
  • Track hot from 10-4, no lunch break

In order to better know who are customers are and to be able to get in touch with the proper people in an emergency, from this point forward EVERYONE who drives during an Open Lapping Day will be required to fill out our Lapping Day Participant Information Sheet. The sheet is linked below and will soon be available on the HPR website. Participants will need to fill out the sheet only once per year. Each participant will be assigned a unique number that will be written on your wristband each time you drive.

I wasnt a customer of theirs in 2011 so I guess thats out of the question, may be next year sounds like more fun to me vs going to the strip. Unless anyone wants to have a meet at Shotguns..... tempting...

Me neither. :( Although, having my car work finished by Wednesday morning is pretty much out the question as well. Haha. Bummer!
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Blah, of course they had to choose the 28th for the Appreciation day. :p That'd be my son's birthday... maybe I can convince him that a day out at the track is much better than some silly ol' Birthday party! Besides, I won't be able to get the Process West TMIC installed until Thursday, and that's really what I want to test out on the track!

I'm down to do the karting day how much per race and where are the tracks at? I wanna do something with the SUBARU crowd b4 we move back home!

Well it is still being decided and will either be at UnserRacing off of I36 and I25 or down at a electric cart place in centenial. So far there are 3 people who have spoken up for the event. If you are interested please cut and paste this and add your name to the list. I will just make a decision on which facility soon if I dont get more feedback. I'm sure it will be fun regardless

Kart Racing and Grub January Meet

Saturday Jan 21st @2pm

www.Speedraceway.com for directions

1. Cryo and wife

2. Spec B and maybe my brother and g/f

3. eekay

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Count me down for the 21st as well. Anyone gonna try HPR tomorrow? I was going to go up and see if I can get some free time and do some hard core datalogs... :)

Kart Racing and Grub January Meet

Saturday Jan 21st @2pm

www.Speedraceway.com for directions

1. Cryo and wife

2. Spec B and maybe my brother and g/f

3. eekay

4.05COLEGGT

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived