LegacyGT.com

Official Skiing and Snowboarding thread

Brady

I just got my Full Tilt Olympic Dropkicks in from Italy was on the hunt for a solid black ski but that is harder to find than my new boots were.

Max, any idea of the conditions during early half of Dec at Jays Peak? Thinking about a 2-3 trip up the week of the 9th not sure how the snow will be.

We have to wait til late Dec to ski WhiteTail

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be snow at Jay. They won't be fully open but it will be worth the trip if your going to be in the area.

I think Okemo has a early season demo around that time, the 13th.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I absolutely loved Jay Peak but I lucked out and we received the "polar vortex" which dropped about 2 feet of snow throughout the night and day we were there for the 2nd day. One of the best trips snowboarding I've ever had. The glades are amazing!

I'm hoping for some good snow in December as I have a trip planned to Sun Peaks British Columbia for 12 days while I have a break from school. Seeing all the pictures mattg is posting really makes me excited for ski season to arrive.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• 3 weeks later...

Well, had day 1 last Sunday at Okemo. It was good to see old friends. The snow was...well lets just say it was there.

They put off opening till Sunday the weather was to warm early in the week and they had to have top to bottom skiing because they couldn't down load on the older two lifts. The new heated 6pack chair won't be ready till dec 15th.

Funny story, I walked into base lodge just after 8AM, there were about 40 people. I found a table where a "race Mom" was sitting by herself reading a book. Enjoying the peace and quiet.

Well I fixed that. With in minutes, I had about 10 friends all gathered around talking about how the summer was and catching up. So much for her quiet time...

We were out the door by 8:40AM. She just smiled...

With this weeks cold weather, the weekend should be pretty good.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Have you been to Copper before ? Was there about 12 years ago. Had a good time. Some of it feels a lot like Okemo.

This past weekend was pretty good. Saturday was cold with decent early season snow. Sunday, it didn't freeze over night, was great. The snow felt like late March, soft and very carvable. It felt good to be able to let the legs get out to the side and drop the inside hip.

I can't decide if the Okemo 6 pack bubble will be cool or annoying. Looks like they will be ski goggle lens orange. I don't love the enclosed gondola at Sunday River. I mean, I usually come prepared for the cold weather. The gondola just makes me hot and sweaty.

You can ride the 6 pack with the bubble up.

Last Saturday they had a few of the new chairs loaded and up top. Us guy's walked over and began to poke and touch it. A couple of ski patrol guy's came over too. It was kind of funny thinking back on us now. Did you ever see 2001 Space Odyssey when the chimps were poking and touching the monolith ? That's what we looked like...

Then we spent the rest of the day figuring what were going to do with our ski poles on the chair, us guys sit on them. You can't do that on these full seats. Such problems...

• 5 weeks later...
Sun Peaks got some good snow today. Here is a short POV video along with some pictures I have taken this week while up here. And I still have a week to go. https://vimeo.com/115498451http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/ce8b774b02b318be7933cda4fb5655dc.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/11e7543208035f08d695d4d72b516fb6.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/a16930f700d373c0c8d80dbdaea39446.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/61322b330ddb14097274ac2f85a3d2d9.jpg

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Great pictures. Lot's of snow making going on here in VT. The surface is pretty good as long as your out there early. Been skiing the past 7 day's, 3 more day's to go before the Xmas break is over. Then it's back to work.

• 2 weeks later...

K2 revivals with marker schizo griffons and a limited edition K2 extreme kamp k2 mt baker edition with retro graphics without bindings

174 and 179..might sell my salomon rocker2 122 with sth2 16 from last season if we don't get a lot of snow soon

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a shot from The Throne at Killington yesterday. That's my ski buddy.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN6743_zpsaa5d6056.jpg

It was a good day, it snowed about 4-5" while we were there, temp was in the teens.

Just because it's not snowing this season, doesn't mean it won't snow next year.

You have to have faith.

if no snow, you have to hike further.

Or as I found on at Mt Hood one fine day, just because the fresh snow is untracked, doesn't mean you should take that route. I had a beautiful line going until I tried a hard jink to get back closer to the lift line. Nothing like going out in a blaze of glory (thin layer of snow over a rock field means lots of sparks). Even with padded pants, I was bleeding & limping all day. Riding the chair back up was a tale of woe leading to a really nice line that skimmed the tops of the rocks. Only person to ride that all day...

Only person to ride that all day...

I guess your the reason for that.

You need to be careful if your not sure what's under the snow. Early season we see that. They will blow snow about 1/2 to 3/4 trail width, if there's a little natural snow after that, you'll see the tracks off into the natural snow...only thing is you don't see us who ski there a lot doing that. We know what's under it.

There are a couple of gladed trails where the wind blows up the entrance. Unless you know the path in the avoid the rocks, you'r going to hit them. Even on agood day I still follow the known path.

Archived