LegacyGT.com

Swagons Build Thread

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What intercooler setup are you using? Looks like you were able to keep the fogs in there... That's the only reason I haven't gone front-mount yet.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Yup. Need to see who can build my piping for me. Or, perhaps I could find a pipe bender that someone will loan me for a day or two...

i would just be doing the tacs. unless i get crazy good at tig welding i would not even try to weld this thin stuff.

im still debating up what direction i should flow the air though the intercool.

finding the right angle and position for the turbo to sit in the car is pretty hard when im trying to hold it up with one hand and measure with the other. i def need some help making the bracket to hold the turbo up. damn thing is like 20-25 pounds.

Haha. The zip ties will definitely work. I used thin rope but it was the same concept... Getting the up-pipe to match up was a pain in the anus without the turbo being supported by SOMETHING.

Update:

Going standalone. I cant stand how hard it will be to speed denisty tune with the pp6 and the Ecus fighting each other.

So its officail I'm going megasquirt for my ems

I also have my block ready for assembly. Got a 06 sti crankshaft

Heads and crank are heading to the shop tomorrow. Valve job. Cranks getting checked over.

Blocks been honed for ptw of 2 thou(with plates uninstalled) so about 3 with the heads on.

All thats really left is. Full header to turbo to back 3 inch exhaust

Buy all new 3 inch intake plumbing

Buy all the seals and what not to put a engine together

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapa Talk

I have some Megasquirt Maps that John had on one of his turbo'd gen2's if you're interested. At least something to get you started...

Archived