LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Of course, we're such an impressive gender. :)

I just received my drive belt in the mail today (bought it from Rock Auto). So, will tackle that little job one of these days. I was shown how 'easy' it is to install, but that was a few months back. Not sure I even have the proper tools.

Funny story: Today a female friend mentioned that her "beater died". I immediately tried to remember what make of car she drove, then as she continued on into the story, it became clear that she literally meant a "beater".. as in, electric egg beater? LOL

Edited by Liberty10

Good morning,

I'm confused with the codes on the drive belt that I just purchased from RockAuto. I ordered a Dayco 5PVK0875 and that's the code found on the cardboard package (along with a 345K5).

Why would the actual belt have a different number on it? It shows 5PK0875. Is that just the way it works with such items? I don't want to install something that isn't correct and I also want to make sure that I received what I paid for.. there were varying prices for different makes, of course.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Could be they changed the belt a bit in design over the years and used the old box. Not sure what the V would stand for though. Check it against your old belt. If it has the same teeth design and it's about the same size (a tiny bit smaller wont hurt since your belt probably stretched over the years) and it has the same number of teeth I'd try it on there. We're talking about the power steering belt or AC belt, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to pulling the right side steering knuckle today. it actually came apart rather easily. got to take it up to the wifes work and have there shop press out the old and press in the new in the morning. that bearing is trashed kinda scared to see it when it comes out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgSz1ebSwso]Bad wheel bearing - YouTube[/ame]

IMAG0033.thumb.jpg.ad3fa70b420b65c4c834238af6fece4c.jpg

just bought a 02-03 wrx hood scoop and thing that directs the air for 30 bucks and started on my mesh grill now i just need to find a second hood or try to buy this turbo wagon in my area and gut it out of all the stuff i want :lol:

You got a splitter for a WRX scoop? Nice :D

Finally got around to pulling the right side steering knuckle today. it actually came apart rather easily. got to take it up to the wifes work and have there shop press out the old and press in the new in the morning. that bearing is trashed kinda scared to see it when it comes out.

Make sure when you put those camber bolts back in the strut that you make sure they're set right. If not you'll eat through tires super quick.

I'm ready to junk the piece of crap...I cant find where this problem is.

Freakin car...it hits a wall sometimes and wont go over 2500rpm and

sometimes it stalls and others it sounds like it's running on one less

cylinder. I'm about to take it to a shop, but I was hoping some people

had ideas first. It doesnt run bad all the time, but it does feel like there's

resistance against the pedal even on good days. Like my engine will only

let me use 3/4 of the potential of the torque and HP.

Had to call a buddy and get a jump last night. The battery died at the gas station less than 2 miles from home.

The whole thing has been acting strange lately. Seems like something is drawing too much current somewhere. Wipers run very slowly, headlights dim, radio clicks on/off when braking, and it seems to shift sluggish (automatic). I guess I get to spend the next few days tracking down electric gremlins.

some how my car feels like it has more get up and go now but i havent done one motor mod yet lol i wonder if the factory made it so that legacy's act funny till they get to 260,000 miles lol mine just idles ruff when i first start it when it gets cold in the mornings any thoughts?

After a 50 mile test drive the front right wheel bearing is good to go. also have new pads rotors and brake hardware. and now with the "helicopter in mid flight" sound gone i can here a bad bearing in the rear. :( oh well its not terrible, guess i got another weekend project coming up lol.