LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Oh, so now you'd prefer the "hating"? lol.. Make up your mind!

Well, LW, I finally got those headlight bulbs replaced. Worked great though I can't see if the high beams are working properly - it's actually sunny out so that makes it difficult.

Inexpensive? Hmmm.. high-quality duct tape? :)

Good morning :)

Yeah, the high beams didn't seem like they were working properly. I replaced the fuses, too.

I bought that headlight cleaner yesterday. $9 and then $3 for this very, very fine sandpaper. Not sure if I'll get to the project today, but I did take a before picture. (knowing how much you'd be after me to post one!) So, I see your tinyurl and raise you one photo!

Okay, I did the deed.

I bought the least expensive product and some sandpaper. - it's called "Blue Magic". The sales clerk said that she had used it before and it worked great on her older car. There were also options that includes specials sanding attachments for tools and such - more expensive and I don't have the tools.

Anyway, cleaned the headlamp surface with simple soap and water and then proceeded with the cleaner. It definitely removes the yellowing but it also seems to make the surface a bit "cloudy". Maybe I need to do it a few times more (the package suggests repeat applications, if necessary).

At this point I don't think that I'd outright recommend the product unless you are like me, and just to want see how it works. On fancy newer cars, nope.. I wouldn't use it. I'd read some reviews online (before I bought the product) and there are definitely mixed reactions.

So, for what it's worth - here is mine

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k577/runnerbud/BEFORE.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k577/runnerbud/AFTER.jpg

Edited by Liberty10

Not too bad. It needs scuffed with a bit higher grit and wet sanded before being polished though. That'll reduce it to very fine scratches, then you wet sand it to turn them into super fine scratches and then polish it to make it clear. Blue magic makes some good freakin metal polish and carpet cleaner though :D And you'll definitely notice the difference at night in the headlights.

Nice job, man :D I miss having a turbo. How much will it be pushing? And we'll need some pictures. Keep us updated!

I installed the WRX calipers and rotors this weekend. I'll get pics soon.

I need to wax my car this weekend. It's never been done in the 2 years

I've owned it and in FL that's not a great idea lol

I started wirebrushing away some of the rusting/bubbly spots today, and got them primed. I also primed and painted the spoiler, but it isn't going back on the car until after I get some body painting done.

Somehow, doing all that made me clean my garage out too.

Isn't that always the way it works out, eh? lol.. Wash one spot on the wall and pretty soon your steam-cleaning the carpets and moving furniture around!

Yesterday I had my muffler "fixed" :) Award winning MacGyver mod... lol

But, I'm happy!

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh.. just the thought of winter's arrival.. not fun. Last year was unreal. There's nowhere to put the shovelled snow after awhile!

I don't need an ice scraper for the windshield because I use a neat cover. My former husband made it for us, years ago. Basically, it's a large piece of canvas fabric that has two bungie-type cords on either end. I lay the fabric across the windshield and wipers and secure it around the side mirrors (for windy nights). In the morning, I just flip the cover and shake off the snow. Saves a lot of defrost time and the dreaded scraping.. especially that one type of ice that almost embeds itself into the glass. lol

That's our MacGyver class for today, folks!

(I'm also trying to lure LW back to the forum) :lol:

So this Monday my 93' AWD Leggo had these items relpaced.

- Cam seals (X2)

- All the belts

- Both engine mounts replaced (SS)

- Trans mount

- Shift linkage redone

- Water Pump replaced

- Thermostat

All these for about $640 which I thought was a good price as guys in my area (NW) quoted me over $1K. So now it is up for sale as I have found a 02' RS in TX. Anyone interested? Cheers.

I'm in the process of replacing my steering rack.

I'm stuck in between wanting to beat my head in with the impact wrench or scream at the wretched design of the bushing mounts which have caused me to break 3 out of the 4 bolts that hold the rack in.

Ugh.. just the thought of winter's arrival.. not fun. Last year was unreal. There's nowhere to put the shovelled snow after awhile!

I don't need an ice scraper for the windshield because I use a neat cover. My former husband made it for us, years ago. Basically, it's a large piece of canvas fabric that has two bungie-type cords on either end. I lay the fabric across the windshield and wipers and secure it around the side mirrors (for windy nights). In the morning, I just flip the cover and shake off the snow. Saves a lot of defrost time and the dreaded scraping.. especially that one type of ice that almost embeds itself into the glass. lol

That's our MacGyver class for today, folks!

(I'm also trying to lure LW back to the forum) :lol:

that is a really good idea and i have no clue why i never thought of it before lol. it would really come in handy during our 1/4" to 1/2" ice storms we always seem to get a few times a year. that and i would imagine that the non window frame door setup is gonna suck this winter. i picture rubber stuck to glass lol.

I also am not looking forward to winters arival. well maby the first good snow so i can play with my legacy. but other than that spring needs to hurry up already!

Good morning,

Maybe you can make one, too. I've seen store brands of similar products but they're usually vinyl or plastic and not nearly as sturdy. It's ugly has heck but it matches my car. .. lol

I've gone through one very, very nasty winter with my car and didn't have any problems with the frame-less windows. Can't say I even realized that they were frame-less windows, at the time, but that's another story about my learning curve. :)

What kind of temperatures do you get in the winter? I think our coldest day was -36C. :eek:

Well we get down to -20F for about a week in January. but mostly its +20F to 0F. so it sounds like we get one good shot of air from your neck of the woods. Living in NW Illinois we get a bit of it all. Cold winters with blizzards and 100F summers with tornadoes, and about once every 7 years the Mississippi river floods real bad.

Now to keep it on subject,lol. Time to call about getting my wheel bearing pressed out n replaced.