LegacyGT.com

super wide//

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is there a stock wide body STi? i saw one yesterday that i thought looked like a kit, but after seeing the one i already posted realized it looked the same. this guy had a custom plate that said "BAYAR3A" or something like it.

Thanks! I'm diggin' it.

I thought about getting the "S", but they're so pricey here for what you get. I couldn't find one for less than $5K that had less than 180K miles on it. So, I'm just going to convert the rear brakes, heated mirrors and seats from a wrecked "S" model. Should cost around $300 or so at the most and take about a day or two (depending on the brakes...) The only thing I'm unsure about is the heated windshield swap. I dunno if I can make that work yet.

Yeah. It's an "L". No sunroof, unfortunately. But, I never really use them anyway. $4500, one owner, ritualistically serviced it (most likely an older lady from the looks of it), new head gaskets, timing belt, drive shafts, brakes, and some other goodies. Only 110K original miles so I should get quite a few more runs out of it. :)

Eek,

I'm sort of interested in the heated windshield swap. I'm thinking that you might need the wire harness for that and the switches to make it all work. The OB limited with the two sunroofs has the same option on it for 2nd gen Legacys and I've often wondered about that swap as well. it be good if your pioneered this mod and started a thread about it.

I'm definitely going to give it a shot. I got my mirrors in today. As soon as they're painted, I'll install them. As far as the windshield, I'm going to need to find a wrecked "S" model and tear all the wiring out to see what's going on. From what I've read on Forester forums, it is possible. The amount of work is yet to be discovered. :(
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• I Donated
is there a stock wide body STi? i saw one yesterday that i thought looked like a kit, but after seeing the one i already posted realized it looked the same. this guy had a custom plate that said "BAYAR3A" or something like it.

I thought the hatches were all widebody?

I thought the hatches were narrower than the sedans?

Lets make up our mind here.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I have too many cars and I'm getting ready to move. The money can only help with the remodel! I'm pretty sad to see it go, though.

Thanks, duder! It really is a great car. I seriously expected some piston slap and whatever else being as the mileage was so high. But, nothing. It purrs like it's off the lot. If no one is interested soon, I'll definitely keep it. It's an awesome car.

• I Donated

I'll take it.

I will send you a check for $17,932.84 and I will trust that you send the difference back to me. This will be handled through my personal assistant in Nigeria.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated
would be at all cool or even fuctional to get your track so wide that you dont need flares. just open wheel subaru..

Like this?

IMG383.thumb.jpg.3e849b13094671de30199e6f725c47ff.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• 2 weeks later...

Archived