LegacyGT.com

super wide//

• I Donated
Pfft. Mythical. You're in dream land, John! ;)

Nope no dream land.

If someone can make something fit into a Subaru, I think I would be one of the ones who could do it lol.

Just wait.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm definitely going to be waiting for this. It can certainly be done... It'll just take a lot of time and A LOT of modification. I see a very high, very custom hood in your future. I'd certain drool over it!
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• I Donated

No custom or high hood. It can be fit under the stock hood.

Its been done before. The third video the engine seems to be sitting kind of high to where the hood won't close without cutting a big hole in it.....They did some ghetto shit on that one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZs-V4kuVmk]Subaru GT Legacy with a 350 Chev part I - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFCQoI4RZc]subaru legacy v8 305 burnout - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgATYN0K2ww]1993 Subaru Legacy wagon with V8 Chev - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcECex3DTRM]V8 Subaru Legacy 1993 Burnout - YouTube[/ame]

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The 3rd video doesn't look too ghetto. Well, except for those stupid valve covers... What rear end are these cars using? They're all 1st gens but one. Is it easier in a 1st gen or something? I wouldn't see how...

What about a Ford 302? I'd kinda rather have that in there, personally. I'll wait until you do yours to find out the amount of work involved. ;)

• I Donated

Its quite a bit of work to be honest. The hardest part is fabricating the subframe.

As far as the rear end....options are endless....however if you don't use a Subaru rear end...you have to fabricate everything for the rear suspension too.

I'm not a huge Ford fan to be honest. I started out with SBC engines, so I'm a whole lot more comfortable with them over anything else out there next to Subarus.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I figured this much. I'm more familiar with Ford engines. Haha. Especially the 302's. I love those things for some reason... I'm not anti-other, though. The rear end seems like the biggest P.I.T.A. Well, the transmission might be rough depending on how one does it I guess. I dunno. Seems rugged.

• I Donated
Its defiantly going to be a challenge....thats the biggest reason I want to do it. As far as fitting the transmission, I don't know if I'll need to cut some of the floorboard out and make the trans tunnel bigger or not....I guess we will see when the time comes.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

My guess is yes. Probably not too much, but comparatively the Subaru transmission is quite a bit smaller. Not to mention where the shifter would end up being... In all honesty, I'm wouldn't be too worried about the tranny. The rear end is what will take the most fabbin'. I would want something really strong, personally. It would be awesome to keep the Scoober tranny somehow and keep it AWD. I'm not seeing that as possible without lots 'o monies, though. Which chassis are you going to do this in?

A few days ago I was roaming the junkyard and having the time of my life. There was this white douchebag leading a class of some sorts and he came across a Subaru. He siad "Oh, look! Another subaru! There are plenty out here, take a look! They may have some advantages for rally cross, but that's it!" I walked past him and said "Oh, so you're hatin' on the subarus huh?" He changes his tone and said "I'm just a Toyota guy."

Well, there were plenty of Toyotas out in the yard too. The dumbass. Just about every subaru I have come across in the yards has well over 200k and most of them are scrapped since they were in an accident. So **** him.

Archived