LegacyGT.com

What do you guys think of the Acura TL type S

Acura owners are like Spec B owners, they think they got the luxury model. :lol:

:eek: You mean my car isn't the bestz0rs?

Aww damn, I guess I'll go buy a Honda now. I've always thought the Fit was better looking, better handling and faster than my SpecB, anyway.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone, even people who don't know a thing about cars will know what a Tl is. It's like a Toyota camry or corolla. Everyone has one that it's not cool or stands out from the rest that you see everyday. Everyone knows what it is, unlike the lgt. People still ask me what car it is. Some don't even know what Subaru is! lol

I was thinking about getting one but then I thought it's fwd and everyone around here has one already. I doubt owner's of Tls get people asking What car it is, Maybe hey That's a nice car. One last thing why is the parking brake on the Tl closer to the passenger side? I don't want my passenger to put up the E-Brake when I'm driving.

One last thing why is the parking brake on the Tl closer to the passenger side? I don't want my passenger to put up the E-Brake when I'm driving.

That's an excellent point. I'm constantly worried about my passenger yanking my e-brake when I'm driving.

I'm also worried about spontaneous human combustion. :eek:

Acura owners are like Spec B owners, they think they got the luxury model. :lol:

I've owned 2 Acuras(CL-S and TL-S and 2 Subarus(LGT, Tribeca-wifes), I can't really understand why people on either side make such a big deal about either. I guess that is how it is on any brand specific forum. They are both great cars, some do certain things better than the other in some areas but not in others, they pretty much even out in the end.

I've owned 2 Acuras(CL-S and TL-S and 2 Subarus(LGT, Tribeca-wifes), I can't really understand why people on either side make such a big deal about either. I guess that is how it is on any brand specific forum. They are both great cars, some do certain things better than the other in some areas but not in others, they pretty much even out in the end.

ding ding ding -- we have a winner. If the car suits your wants and needs, then it's a great vehicle. If it doesn't, then it's sub-par to the competitor's vehicle that does.

ding ding ding -- we have a winner. If the car suits your wants and needs, then it's a great vehicle. If it doesn't, then it's sub-par to the competitor's vehicle that does.

Where were you a few pages ago??!!

Sidenote- I was going to the dentist yesterday and we had a big downpour which flooded part of the road; water was 8-10 inches. I was a bitch and went around it, didn't want to chance it with the fwd. If I still had the LGT I would have ran through it! Maybe next time.

Where were you a few pages ago??!!

Sidenote- I was going to the dentist yesterday and we had a big downpour which flooded part of the road; water was 8-10 inches. I was a bitch and went around it, didn't want to chance it with the fwd. If I still had the LGT I would have ran through it! Maybe next time.

I stopped reading for awhile, I just couldn't do it :lol:.

No, im still here, and havent bought a car yet. So far my wrx is doing its job and i havent had much time to look at any cars with work being so busy.

But Im still deciding TL-S, LGT, or Brand new LGT.

My gripe with the 05 lgt is the stereo is crap, which isnt a big deal, i would just replace it,but then i read about how much work it is just to swap the headunit to a aftermarket one. So thats a major downer. I really enjoy my music, and i like to keep my cars as oem stock as possible.

For the TL, i very much enjoy the ELS stereo, and the fact that its stock and i dont have to hack anything is just swell.

Im also thinking about maybe keeping the bugeye and taking it to stage2, and just buy a roof top box.

My gripe with the 05 lgt is the stereo is crap, which isnt a big deal, i would just replace it,but then i read about how much work it is just to swap the headunit to a aftermarket one. So thats a major downer. I really enjoy my music, and i like to keep my cars as oem stock as possible.

What are you looking for that makes the 05 stereo crap? There are a couple options out there which add mp3 support, aux in support, and steering wheel controls. The steering wheel controls really peaved me, this was 2005 after all and companies had been doing that for years...

No, im still here, and havent bought a car yet. So far my wrx is doing its job and i havent had much time to look at any cars with work being so busy.

But Im still deciding TL-S, LGT, or Brand new LGT.

For the TL, i very much enjoy the ELS stereo, and the fact that its stock and i dont have to hack anything is just swell.

Im also thinking about maybe keeping the bugeye and taking it to stage2, and just buy a roof top box.

Can't really go wrong with those options, although I am not a fan of the new LGT's. When my 07 was wrecked I looked for an 08-09, I liked the headlights better than the 07, but there was nothing to be found. If you do go Subaru you gotta do stage 2.

Well, i listend to the stereo and it was clearly power by a weak headunit. The TL on the other hand is powered by a external amp, and it is about 5x better.

I wish the H/K stereo came standard on all 05 lgt;s

Have you listened to a 05 stereo with the factory amp. I think my 05 sounds better then my 09 Spec B's stereo.

I got the 05 running again Tuesday and turned it's stereo on yesterday for the first time in almost 5 month's. As I set the audio controls, I could feel the sound much better then I can in the Spec B.

The 05's need a factory amp.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you listened to a 05 stereo with the factory amp. I think my 05 sounds better then my 09 Spec B's stereo.

I got the 05 running again Tuesday and turned it's stereo on yesterday for the first time in almost 5 month's. As I set the audio controls, I could feel the sound much better then I can in the Spec B.

The 05's need a factory amp.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well, i listend to the stereo and it was clearly power by a weak headunit. The TL on the other hand is powered by a external amp, and it is about 5x better.

The TL stereo is nice and clear, and sounds great with an aftermarket sub/amp; the stock sub is very weak.

I have a feeling a could take a dump in a bag, write Honda on it, and you would sing the praises of how great the bag was.

Archived