LegacyGT.com

What do you guys think of the Acura TL type S

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to clear up this whole race-inspired thing, very few car companies are legitimately race inspired. One that comes to mind is Ferrari, which began as and will die as a racing company. They sell cars on the side to fund their racing team since that is their main goal.

Honda started racing motor cycles and beat all the major teams. When they got into F1 they were untouchable.

The only other car company that comes close is Mazda. They've brought a lot to the industry as well.

Farrari is a great name but beyond that it's a name.

Honda started racing motor cycles and beat all the major teams. When they got into F1 they were untouchable.

The only other car company that comes close is Mazda. They've brought a lot to the industry as well.

Farrari is a great name but beyond that it's a name.

We must have different definitions of untouchable... Who did that slouch Schumaker win all those F1 championships with?

I'm loving this racing heritage theme for the hondas. sure honda does lots of things well, they usually have great manual transmissions (as far as feel goes, durability isn't all that stellar (check out the civic SI tranny woes), they are well known for good reliability, and the s2000 is a cool car devoted to track racing, sure, sure. BUT, this devotion to honda racing heritage is a stretch, seriously. your lust for the s2000 is making you drool all over your civic, my friend.

And a good FWD performance car?, com'n man! name one!!! FWD is horrific to drive! FWD saves a manufacturer money in production. that is the sole advantage to it.

"Subaru has the same awd system for 12-15 years" and that's a bad thing how, exactly?

Subies are designed around the very idea of AWD. and they're well built, rugged, if you will. much more durable than a honda and equally reliable. heavier, yes, but safer and less, uhh, FRAGILE. My wifes civic got a dent in it's plastic front end bumper cover from a pile of snow that we would simply plow thru with either of our two subarus.

subarus are simply built better.

May I ask what car you drive? Are you looking to buy a car? I've never driven any TL but after owning an awd car there is a 99.9% chance I'll never buy any fwd car again, unless I get out of Minnesota! Also there's too many Tl's here that it doesn't stand out from the other cars! I still get stares and people asking what car I got in 2011, even though it's all stock! Here in Minnesota once you go awd you don't go or even think about going back to fwd or 1wd in winter!

Amen to that brotha, the AWD system is undeniable.

I love my wrx, but i gotta admit. Its not of the same level as honda and toyota for quality. There are so many small things wrong with my car, and its not from being a old car, it was designed like this since new.

But really, what can you do. You want a small car with awd/turbo and stickshift. There really is only subaru, and audi. But audi costs about twice as much.

I love my wrx, but i gotta admit. Its not of the same level as honda and toyota for quality. There are so many small things wrong with my car, and its not from being a old car, it was designed like this since new.

But really, what can you do. You want a small car with awd/turbo and stickshift. There really is only subaru, and audi. But audi costs about twice as much.

Not really, a 2005 Audi A4 cost only a tiny bit more that a 2005 Legacy or WRX, and less than an STI. 2004 S4 is about the same price as a 2004-5 STI.

Oh, sorry, didnt see the years.

Anyhow, im not buying a used Audi, they re more headaches then i would like to have at the moment. Even if i can afford to buy a used S4 or M3, i dont think i can afford to maintain one. Thats the honest truth.

Dude, the A4 starts at 37K where i live, and a wrx starts at 32K.

But you really need the S4 to compare performance wise, and im not even sure how much that is. Im guessing over 50K

Back when I bought my 98 Legacy GT Wagon, a friend bought a 98 A4, she paid $28,000 for it. She admitted I got more car, but she had "that German car feel". Yea right, a few years later after have to replace the rear springs and shocks beause they rusted away, then the $1200 U joint went bad, she wasn't to sad when it got wrecked, she replaced it with a 05 Outback.

As for the current price of a S4, my buddy is still waiting for his. He placed his $64,000 order for a Seaponge Blue with Ti trim back in Jan of this year. He may get the car in Late Oct. He's written to Audi of America, they said someone would contact him within a week. It's been 3 weeks now, no one has called. Though the Dealer did tell him that his car got moved up to late Oct, it was going to be Dec 23rd.

There's much more to the story, but didn't want to rant to long.

So did the OP buy a car yet ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not really, a 2005 Audi A4 cost only a tiny bit more that a 2005 Legacy or WRX, and less than an STI. 2004 S4 is about the same price as a 2004-5 STI.

Not to mention the B6 S4 is NA, or Negatively Anemic. Which is great for reliablity, but sucks for fun factor.

Archived