LegacyGT.com

JB's Teardown and Rebuild

Keep the center support. It's there for a reason. (that thing will flop around so much without it). It's going to also help guide the air into the vanes as opposed to up and over the face.

An interesting project to run a CFD simulation on though... :nerd:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job, think hard about cutting out the center support, I don't think fiberglass will work there with the flexible plastic.

The only reason i dont think it would be a problem is because there is maybe 3 inches of lip left. I dont have any time to do it now any way, but i might try it down the road because im not too happy w the bumper any way, pretty scuffed up on the bottom and the license plate holes stink.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone who follows this thread and other build motor threads, just know that its close to impossible to have a built motor and tune in a short period of time. I've been waiting on mine since the first week in July.

I can't wait to see JB's build finally hitting the street.

yea it feels like a week long job to assemble a subie engine ..

anything done with the cams so then you have to order or have on hand a bunch of the lifter cups to get the valve lash right.

if your checking everything as you go it can be darn near 30 hour job.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• 3 weeks later...

To the OP, nice build! Just out of curiosity, why are you choosing to use the DW 1100cc side feed injectors as opposed to top feed injectors since you're doing the tgv deletes? My understanding is that the 1100cc injectors have a poor spray pattern unless on e-85. Also, since the tgv's are gone, why not upgrade to a 3" turbo inlet?

Please don't take my questions as criticisms! just curious about your reasoning :-).

Motor sitting at home. Hopefully will get a lot done next weekend. i live in cincy where i go to school and my cars in indy where my parents live and my garage is. Im hoping To have the motor in and plumbed next weekend, no idea if ill have it ready to bolt on turbo, exhuast and all the little things but itll get about 50 hours of love in 3 days next weekend.

• 2 months later...

LOL I swear this thread and his project build thread on my local forum get bumped within a week of eachother.

This lazyass bastard has been a lazyass bastard. I wasn't home over Thanksgiving to give him a hand.

He ordered the wrong clutch kit thinking that his had a LFWF for an LGT instead of the 06 wrx one thats on there.

I graduate in a few weeks and will be able to work on it (potentially by myself) :lol: if its not done by the time he goes back to school in Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived